Black Friday .223 sale

Anyone looking for a Savage Axis in .223 go check out Classicfirearms on the web. Scoped rifle for $249 with a $100 dollar rebate. $149 for a decent little coyote killing machine!!

2. Banned
    Following, as they are on sale locally.
    Is this a decent rifle? I know the Savage 110 bolt series have always had a reputation for great accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Following, as they are on sale locally.
    Is this a decent rifle? I know the Savage 110 bolt series have always had a reputation for great accuracy.
    I believe so. I think they are basically the older 110 without the Accutrigger and some of the new features that have added. So, if you liked the old 110 (or 10 in this case I guess) I'd think you would like this rifle. But this is all just speculation.

Edit: I just looked at the rifle and it has the Accutrigger in the picture. I think I might just get one. I don't predator hunt but I would like one just for practice and, well, cause. It is .223 and not 5.56 if that matters to anyone.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Member
    Fwiw I cannot stand these newer cheaply made rifles. I would rather spend a little more and get a Winchester 70 or savage 110. It is sad that these days the savage 110 is considered a premium gun.

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    That's a great deal!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Fwiw I cannot stand these newer cheaply made rifles. I would rather spend a little more and get a Winchester 70 or savage 110. It is sad that these days the savage 110 is considered a premium gun.
    Every tool box should have a hammer or two.
    I’ve got some high end rifles, got a 110 and an Axis too.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Every tool box should have a hammer or two.
    I’ve got some high end rifles, got a 110 and an Axis too.
    Totally ^^^^
    I'm interested in the Axis because I MIGHT take up coyote hunting when I retire. The rifle may never get used. A reasonable shot in our woods wouldn't be further than maybe 200 yds, so I'll go with a cheaper option.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Totally ^^^^
    I'm interested in the Axis because I MIGHT take up coyote hunting when I retire. The rifle may never get used. A reasonable shot in our woods wouldn't be further than maybe 200 yds, so I'll go with a cheaper option.
    I keep a .22-250 Axis in my truck toolbox just about year round. I put a $300 Nikon on it. I send groundhogs airborne, smoke yotes and various other vermin with it regularly.
    For a buck fifty you really can’t go wrong. I’ve got air rifles I’ve spent more on.
    Never had an issue with mine, does exactly what it’s supposed to do, fits nice and tight, shoots straight, what more could you ask for?