2017 50 Merc Beeping

My sons new 2017 tracker 175 w 50hp merc 4s has started beeping at WOT. RPMs are within normal range to below max. Trying to avoid a dealer trip. Says it beeped 6 times, would quit if throttled down, throttle up and it would start beeping again. Oil between the marks on the dipstick. I'm going to guess there's 20 to 30 hours on the motor with proper break in. SER 1c494400
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Unfortunately, there are dozens of potential causes. Don't rely on an ANALOG tach- they're seldom accurate.

WARNING HORN "BEEPED"

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Well Bass Pro service can't find it. Nothing stored.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did they hand you a printout that indicated that, or just "say there aren't any"??

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Merc say ecm or harness. Swapped ecm and it still beeped. They are just throwing parts at it.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white

6. Member
    I have the beeping problem when I got mine took it back . It was beeping after I took off or after a couple minutes then the motor would idle down and still run .. After the dealer looked into it and ran the codes was a low battery voltage .. Was turning down the motor to protect the engine .. The oil pump needed a higher voltage ..changed the battery and runs fine ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would be surprised if either of those are found to indeed be the culprit.