Question Fuel tank issues switcing from STBD1 to Port tank

Hello,

I have an 2007 519VX and it has two fuel tanks. Recently I have noticed when I switch the manual dial and button on the console to port it shows empty. Also, the motor will die when running. The port tank is 100% full of fuel, but am not able to switch to that tank. I have to run only on the STBD and it reads on the gauge and I have no problems.

Anyone every experienced this issue and/or know what the issue might be?

I appreciate any and all help in advance!!

Thank You

Brian

I'd wager that the sending unit is faulty. Should be a relatively cheap/easy fix.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Have you tried adding fuel to the port tank to verify that it is full or are you just trusting the gauge? If it is full of fuel and the engine dies when switching to the port tank then there is a restriction of fuel from the port tank. Might be a faulty three way valve or the check ball in the elbow at the top of the tank might be jammed. You can remove the fuel line from the elbow then remove the elbow to check it.

4. Member
    The guy who owned my boat before me had that problem had to get the switch repaired. He was running a siphon hose between tanks while waiting for repair
    06 Ranger Z21
    23 Yamaha SHO 250