Walleyes, Saugers ?

Anyone been out ? The wind has been terrible for my local pools. Pool 16 runs East and West, it has been somewhat fishable. Caught some crappies in Sunset Marina on Monday and a guy I know brought in 5 eyes out of Sylvan Slough.

2. Member
    Muscatine had been fair to good fishing but seems to have slowed down for me since it's warmed up so. I've tried Pool 18 three times - one 17" sauger and one 13" walleye. Cannot figure out what has happened to Pool 18. Used to be so good but the last few years just keep getting tougher and tougher. I'll be out again Monday. Not sure which pool yet though.

3. Member
    I fish Pool 18 90% of the time, yes, fishing has went downhill a lot for everything except catfish. The lack of aquatic vegetation I believe is the biggest culprit, the long periods of high muddy water that we have had the last few years has not been good. The 93 flood took out the vast pad fields just south of Oquawka. The siltation of the pools spawning area has really hurt the population of bass and panfish.

4. Member
    Hey unknown, been out there lately? Been more than one ten pound plus fish caught of late. I wasn't one of the fortunate ones but it's sure turned on.

5. Member
    On Pool 18 ? I knew there was a big one caught on the Cedar River.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    On Pool 18 ? I knew there was a big one caught on the Cedar River.
    Yeah, Pool 18