Jack position for trailer

Guys,

Posted in the trailer/towing section, but no traction, so I turn to the fellow tin owners. Post in the lounge on balancing trailer tires, figured this is something I want to get done. Will be using my truck jack, but where should the point of contact be for the jack and trailer? Axle? Frame? Single axle trailer and will be doing tires one at a time...

Thanks

Axle as close to the spring as is possible. I would not jack a loaded boat trailer by the frame. It could twist the frame and warp it.

3. Banned
    As close to or directly under the u-bolts that hold the leaf springs to the axle. You risk bending the axle anywhere else. Invest in a 5 ton hydraulic bottle jack. Only about $30 and a lot easier to use/maneuver than the scissors or screw bottle jack that came with your truck.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    As close to or directly under the u-bolts that hold the leaf springs to the axle. You risk bending the axle anywhere else. Invest in a 5 ton hydraulic bottle jack. Only about $30 and a lot easier to use/maneuver than the scissors or screw bottle jack that came with your truck.
    ^^^This^^^

When i need to jack up the trailer at home i use a floor jack with a block of wood on the lift plate and lift directly on the U bolts so the loft point is as far out as possible. My dad and i both carry the roll forward style jacks that go on the axle and you pull the trailer forward slightly to lift the trailer. Not sure the exact name lol. They work good and allow you to lift next to the spring as well.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.