Thread: Ranger R83

Ranger R83

Hi Guys,
    im looking at buying an old Ranger R83. Will need the seats replaced, wondering if anyone has done this and if so what did you replace with? Also anything feedback on the boat, anything I should be looking for out of the ordinary stuff?
    Thanks
    joe
    Joe Allan
    Nitro Z7 Mercury Optimax 150hp Lowrance Ghost Simrad NSS Evo 3s
    Proudly Supported by: Gamakatsu/Majorcraft/Fuji/Kershaw/Samurai/Atomic

I redid mine in my R81 (same seats) and they were pretty simple. I called ranger and just had them send me new skins. I removed the old skins and fitted the new ones on and they looked great. Was easier than I expected, especially when they came all sewed up from Ranger

3. Member
    Eliminator boats used to be built in my hometown. The woman that did the upholstery for them now has her own business. She’s does classic cars, motorcycles,boats. I had her do mine and she did an awesome job. That was $350 and 5 years ago and my seats are like new yet. She used a really thick vinyl. I’m sure any custom upholstery shop will hook you up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    I redid mine in my R81 (same seats) and they were pretty simple. I called ranger and just had them send me new skins. I removed the old skins and fitted the new ones on and they looked great. Was easier than I expected, especially when they came all sewed up from Ranger
    the only way to go,call them with serial number and get perfect seats

I had one several years ago and it was a great boat. The only reason I got rid of it was because I ran across a R91 that I still have to this day.

6. Member
    I had a 2000 R91. An awesome riding boat. Better then my current '06 195 intercoastal. Look out for "soft" lids. I had to replace the center tackle storage lid and both the livewell lids. Not a big deal to do. I also had to put new rivets in all my lids. Again, not hard to do but a very common problem from the boats of that time period. Other then that you should really enjoy it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill