Thread: 1996 482VS ?

GTB

1996 482VS ?

I was wondering where some of you guys suggest putting a totalscan transducer on this model? I am having issues with the plastic 'ducer bracket breaking . the 2nd time it happened my 'ducer got damaged and Lowrance keeps telling me it's stronger than the metal ones they used before. Bullshit I say. This time they're sending me a metal one along with a new 'ducer. But they insist it's either the placement or I hit something . I sent them pics of the boat to show no damage there and this has happened twice now in 6 months. BPS installed it and said that's where it need s to go . Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated. Both times I was running in the mid 50's in open water.

I'm going to be tackling this install in the spring (or maybe the install of an LSS2...haven't decided which transducer to go with yet), so I'm interested to hear what others suggest. Gonna send a PM so I don't derail the thread.

Every one I've seen installed is on the bottom of the setback. I read somewhere that adding a spacer can improve performance on them. The pad is lower than that area so it'd be protected, though I have to believe readings on plane would be intermittent at best.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

I mounted my totalscan down by the drain plug.... 96 492VS and it reads at 60mh

4. GTB
    Any chance you could send me a pic Hoover ?

Last edited by Hoover; 11-23-2017 at 06:25 PM.

sent you a pm Gary

7. Member
    Have a 482V, elected to mount the LSS2 via homemade jackplate mount. Have see it also done via the step, but I didnt want to drill into the glass.... Have not attempted a Totalscan ducer mount