2009 X19 - Dual HDS12 Console Mount

I have a 2009 X19. I am wanting to mount (2) HDS12'S side by side at the console. I have yet to see anyone post a picture of custom mounts to do so. If you have dual units on the console of any variation could you please post some pics? I am looking for ideas! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpainter View Post
    I have a 2009 X19. I am wanting to mount (2) HDS12'S side by side at the console. I have yet to see anyone post a picture of custom mounts to do so. If you have dual units on the console of any variation could you please post some pics? I am looking for ideas! Thanks!
    older as in 2001 model consoles leave a lot to be desired in strength of console I would wonder about vibration etc being a issue.
    I have not seen a combination like that, but these days all things possible.
    not been around the newer boats to see if console is sturdier. always had to tell dad when he was with me
    don't pull up out of seat with steering wheel. I had mine out I believe only 9 sheet metal screws hold entire console
    no rubber isolation pads or anything.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

Okay now fellas, don't laugh too hard at my DIY setup. I'm running 2 HDS 9's on the console of my '97 H56. Materials cost me about $30. Mount consists of aluminum 2 flat bars and an angle. Ran down to a local Metals By The Foot, and dug through their scrap box for the alum materials that I needed. I painted the mount with Plastidip. I just used some stainless steel hardware to hold everything together. Also used rubber washers from Lowes where the mounting bracket contacts the console. I've been running this set up since last November. It is study with minimal vibration/movement while running boat and/or towing. I had to drill a 2" hole on the top of my console (behind the windshield) to run the wires through. I also plastidip sprayed the windshield to hide the wires and hole. No steering wheel spacer used - my hand while on the steering wheel have plenty of clearance from the bracket mount. I know the units seems high, but it does not interfere with my view while driving. Good, sturdy, cheap, and serves its purpose. I hope this helps you.
    24197071_1914478905482154_2114645532_o.jpg24201015_1914479005482144_1577911898_o.jpg24201025_1914479252148786_1184654718_o.jpg

4. Member
    Late reply as I am just now seeing this! That's actually looks pretty slick! Thanks for the idea! I opted to run a single 12 at the console but that is always subject to change! Nice fab!

5. Member
    I just spoke with someone at Xpress about getting a new console shroud, as mine is pretty cut up. I am thinking about putting a Helix 12 on mine. Precision Sonar has a plate that will work for it. The guy I talked with said they order the shrouds. Anyone have any idea who makes them for Xpress?
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

6. Member
    Reading this late but I just to to Alex at Xpress about the top console. Mine has a hole where a Humminbird is now. I want one with no hole but Alex said all had the hole .Could not get one with out the humminbird hole. Does that sould right?
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    Reading this late but I just to to Alex at Xpress about the top console. Mine has a hole where a Humminbird is now. I want one with no hole but Alex said all had the hole .Could not get one with out the humminbird hole. Does that sould right?
    Man, I hope that's not the case. That will really limit what you could ever put at the console. I was wanting a Solix to hook up with my SHO, but even the Solix 10 won't work.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winghunting View Post
    Man, I hope that's not the case. That will really limit what you could ever put at the console. I was wanting a Solix to hook up with my SHO, but even the Solix 10 won't work.
    I hope you will call and ask. I talked to Alex. I keep thinking he has to be wrong. I am going to take mine off and see if I can fill it in some way
    LIFE IS GOOD

9. Member
    I talked with Alex yesterday and e-mailed him pictures, but he has not got back to me yet. Surely this is not the only way the console shroud comes? He did say they would have to order it. I may have better luck if I can find out who makes the shroud for Xpress. The way it is now, you can only run certain humminbird unit, nothing bigger or smaller. If you ever want to upgrade electronics to different brand or a bigger one, you're out of luck, at least at the console. I guess I could keep the humminbird I got in there and run a different unit beside the console, but I really don't want to do that, and I'm pretty hard headed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Also, I think you could get something like a balzout or Kong mount and mount it here. Put a backing plate under the fiberglass and I think it would work, but thats not really how I want to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winghunting; 02-22-2018 at 07:20 PM.

11. Member
    https://precisionsonar.com/product-p...acket-xpress/#

This what I'm trying to do, so I know it can be done. The guy at precision sonar said this one wasn't cut near as much as mine and had more for the plates to "hold" with. The Xpress they did must have come with a smaller fish finder from the factory. The guy at Precision Sonar acted like it shouldn't be any bid deal to get a new shroud and then I would be good to go and could swap the gauges and then run whatever size Solix I want. He said every other boat company can get that shroud for their boats, so he didn't see why Xpress couldn't. I'm beginning to think now its going to be a lot harder than just a simple phone call and e-mail to Xpress.
    Last edited by winghunting; 02-22-2018 at 07:21 PM.

12. Member
    I'm thinking about getting a piece of abs .Add it to the back with m e k youtube said it bonds great. Then fill the front in with another piece. Then fill the crack .I think I can make it work.. But it will be a while broke my leg and torn the tendon from my ankle to my knee Surgery tomorrow. But I have a great wife she said next week she would help me take it off. That's a great woman
    LIFE IS GOOD

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a piece of abs .Add it to the back with m e k youtube said it bonds great. Then fill the front in with another piece. Then fill the crack .I think I can make it work.. But it will be a while broke my leg and torn the tendon from my ankle to my knee Surgery tomorrow. But I have a great wife she said next week she would help me take it off. That's a great woman
    Sorry about your leg! Let me know if you decide to go the abs route. Thanks

I sandwiched the hole in mine with a piece of poly cutting board on the front and "road sign" thickness aluminum on the back. I mounted 2 HDS 5s side by side on this and had zero bounce. I just took all of that off and flush mounted a new gen3 hds9. the humming bird hole width was correct for the HDS but I had to cut the height of the hole. I will say that a HDS9 is all that you can get in that space.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winghunting View Post
    https://precisionsonar.com/product-p...acket-xpress/#

This what I'm trying to do, so I know it can be done. The guy at precision sonar said this one wasn't cut near as much as mine and had more for the plates to "hold" with. The Xpress they did must have come with a smaller fish finder from the factory. The guy at Precision Sonar acted like it shouldn't be any bid deal to get a new shroud and then I would be good to go and could swap the gauges and then run whatever size Solix I want. He said every other boat company can get that shroud for their boats, so he didn't see why Xpress couldn't. I'm beginning to think now its going to be a lot harder than just a simple phone call and e-mail to Xpress.
    Still haven't heard a word back from Xpress. That's some good customer service

16. Member
    heard back from Alex and he said it would be $600 for a shroud. That's more than I was thinking. you can find them for other boat manufactures quite a bit cheaper than that. Anyways, I may do something like this...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=612997