Thread: TM rope broke

TM rope broke

any suggestions for a rope that would is durable? Thinking about putting a cable on there.
    Wettin hooks and huntin fish.

2. Member
    750 paracord on Amazon. You can also find the 550 in the craft section at WalMart
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

3. Member
    You can make 1 out of galvanized cable and a fancy red or grey handle for $15.00 from parts from Tractor Supply. Looks just like the "G" Force..

Hell ya can tie on Barb WIRE too! get the OEM cord. < My ol 1989 OEM finally had to replace cord, 12v bulb, and a few drops of epoxy at rim of glass cover , it was loose.. still OEM prop. and yea I never bought spare prop for that sucker yet! Replaced these 2 yrs ago.. so that was 26 years with no issues cannot BYOTCH about that, OMC 12/24v TM made in USA all on 1989 Stratos 285 Pro.. and Johnson GT 175 Carb.. sitting on Custom Frame Trailer ... It's not how fast ya can go, it's how well ya go fast.. no it don't have a HEMI but it does suck The Gas.. So the Rig is Old , but only payments made last 28 yrs is Boat Insurance every 4 months of $48.24.. So that's not Bad. But way back I did the Agreed Value instead of Market and haven't changed Policy. Mostly for the Medical Ins part coverage and Liability. Trailer $2 K separate from Boat. So if it gets wiped out I might can afford a 4 hp and 12' john boat replacement ?? lolo Have a Happy Thanksgiving Gang! this Old Fart's working on truck Heater core replacement and the Truck MFG can probably make a few thousand new ones, by time I "get er Done"
    Last edited by Bass AHolic; 11-22-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Thanks to all!

@Bass_AHolic - OEM cord did not last a year, wore that sucker out quick lifting it up/down trying to get the grass off the TM.

6. Member
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Vikin...VMRIPCORD.html

I've been extremely happy with mine for 3 yrs now.

Quote Originally Posted by samwise2u View Post
    Thanks to all!

@Bass_AHolic - OEM cord did not last a year, wore that sucker out quick lifting it up/down trying to get the grass off the TM.
    yup that'd do it all right, I forget I fish really deep reservoir lakes in Mountains around here. only grass is on the Banks, now for stump mine fields in the Back coves another episode lolo

@BigBassCtchr101 - That looks exactly what I wanted, unfortunately, I replaced with para-cord. Next time cable. Thanks for the heads up.

@Bass AHolic - Yep, in these Louisiana lakes it is hard to get away from the trees, grass, hydrilla and salvania. The saying here though, is, "where there is grass, there is Bass". So guess where I spend most my time?

Went to Home Depot and purchased 50' paracord for <$5. Replacing the TM rope took less than 5 minutes. Cool.

@everyone - thanks again

I bought some 1/8" cable in the clear rubble sleeve and a couple of cable brads. It will last a lifetime. Lowes

10. Member
    Lowes also has a nice handle like that $25-30 one TH Marine has with the red cable for less than $10. They also have replacement pull starter cords for lawnmowers that work well for TMs.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I run a Bob's Big D on my ultrex, best handle out there IMO

12. Member
    Chain saw starter cord. It's the best costs about $2.00

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flranger View Post
    750 paracord on Amazon. You can also find the 550 in the craft section at WalMart
    X2 for parachord. Get the good stuff and not the cheapest and it will last. I shied away from the plastic coated steel wire because I read somewhere on here from people a lot smarter than me that it could actually gouge or cut grooves in trolling motor parts.

14. Member
    Mule Tape....you can probably search on this site. Made out of kevlar, 1/2" wide flexible strapping, and supposedly pull a car with it. I've had one on for 6 years and I fish 75 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I run a Bob's Big D on my ultrex, best handle out there IMO
    Bob’s machine shop handles are by far the best and worth every penny of the price

Another vote for paracord. I used a cable on mine and it did cut a groove in the head piece when the sheath got nicked.
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

17. Banned
    Para cord. $10 for 100 feet last me forever. Stronger than factory cord and thinner. Works great. $60 for those after market ones are a gimmick and rip off.