Thread: Jack Placement

Jack Placement

Thread in the Lounge regarding balancing trailer tires and given my recent mishap with a trailer I figured this would be a good idea. Question is, where do you have the point of contact to jack up the trailer so nothing is damaged? Is it OK to use your vehicle jack? Just looking for some guidance....

Should have added its a single axle...
    Last edited by ncbass; 11-21-2017 at 03:03 PM.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I use my truck jack with a notched 4x4 as a saddle. I put it under the end of the axle. With a tandem, you can usually raise a tire by driving the other tire on the same side up onto a block. Trailer Aid is a product that's available to do it that way.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

I carry my hydraulic jack, a block of wood, a 1/2 inch ratchet with proper socket and a breaker bar. Jack and wood go under the axle as close as I can get to the hub.. there a plate with four bolts going through it and that’s generally the area in which I jack. Mine is a single axle as well.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

4. Member
    I use and carry this lightweight aluminum jack. It also will jack up most cars/trucks one wheel easily. I've changed many motorists flats in a jiffy with this one. It also goes on sale a lot or with coupon 20% off. Great for trailers.

https://www.harborfreight.com/15-ton...ump-62516.html