Thread: TALON TROUBLE

TALON TROUBLE

I HAVE (2) 8' TALONS, (1) 2011 MODEL AND (1) 2013 MODEL, I HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE SAFETY LATCH STICKING ON ONE OF THEM. I HAVE UNBOLTED IT AND LAYED ON THE BOAT, OILED THE LATCH AND RAN IT IN AND OUT AND FIXED THE PROBLEM. NOW TO THE REAL PROBLEM, THE LAST TIME I DID IT, I FORGOT TO UNHOOK THE OTHER SIDE. AFTER RUNNING IT IN AND OUT SEVERAL TIMES I NOTICED THE OTHER SIDE (STILL MOUNTED TO THE BOAT) WAS NOT GOING UP ANY MORE. I PULLED THE COVERS, UNBOLTED THE MOTOR, MANUALLY RAISED THE TALON, AND HOOKED EVERYTHING BACK UP, NOTHING WORKED. I TOOK IT BACK APART AND CHECKED POWER, IT WAS FINE. HOOKED POWER DIRECTLY TO THE MOTOR, IT RAN FINE BOTH DIRECTIONS. CHECKED POWER ON THE MOTHER BOARD AT THE MOTOR LEADS, HAD POWER THERE WHEN I HIT THE DOWN BUTTON (14+ VOLTS). HOOKED THE MOTOR BACK UP, AND NOTHING. ATTACHED THE VOLT METER TO THE MOTOR LEADS ON THE MOTHER BOARD AGAIN (MOTOR DISCONNECTED) PUSHED THE DOWN BUTTON, AND HAD 14+ VOLTS THERE, HIT THE UP BUTTON AND VOLTAGE WENT TO ZERO. HOOKED THE MOTOR BACK UP AND HIT THE DOWN BUTTON, CHECKED VOLTAGE AT THE MOTOR TERMINALS AND HAD ZERO VOLTS. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE MOTHER BOARD SO I ORDERED A NEW ONE, PUT IT ON AND IT DOES THE SAME THING AS THE OLD ONE. I TOOK THE MOTOR OFF THE GOOD SIDE AND PUT IT ON THE NEW BOARD, AND NOTHING. PUT THE MOTOR OFF THE BAD SIDE ONTO THE GOOD SIDE AND THE MOTOR WORKS FINE. I MADE SURE MY SENSORS WERE WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE BY LOOKING AT THE WORKING SIDE, AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE RIGHT. I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING IN THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT CAME WITH THE NEW BOARD ABOUT RESETTING OR REPROGRAMING IT.
    IF ANYBODY HAS ANY IDEA ABOUT WHAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE WRONG, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. YOU CAN PM, TEXT OR EMAIL ME.
    TY BURNS
    (940) 577-4510
    ty@tlrwelding.com
    Thanks for any help.

As I understand it the 2013 model is still under warranty so if it's the one giving you trouble then I would take it to a dealer...3 year electrical warranty...5 year mechanical warranty...lifetime spike warranty

If you do not have the receipt or you did not register them when you bought them they will go by date of manufacture to start the warranty. Mine are 2014 models that were manufactured early in the year but I have my receipts so my warranty does not start until date of purchase.

FYI CAPS LOCKED ON IS CONSIDERED YELLING. Plus it make the post harder to read.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    As I understand it the 2013 model is still under warranty so if it's the one giving you trouble then I would take it to a dealer...3 year electrical warranty...5 year mechanical warranty...lifetime spike warranty

If you do not have the receipt or you did not register them when you bought them they will go by date of manufacture to start the warranty. Mine are 2014 models that were manufactured early in the year but I have my receipts so my warranty does not start until date of purchase.

FYI CAPS LOCKED ON IS CONSIDERED YELLING. Plus it make the post harder to read.
    2yr electrical
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]