Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bassport Pro- Need electronics mounting help!!

I have a 2014 XB-21 with e-Ped and an HDS-10 in the bow. At the time, the 10 was the biggest that would fit.

Well the 10 has crapped out, so I have a HDS 12 I would like to put up front somehow as a replacement. The 10 is no longer made so I need to replace with something and the 12 makes sense. Of course it is bigger and will not be a plug a play replacement.

Has anyone done anything like this, or perhaps have any ideas on rigging something that will work?

Open to suggestions and/or any pictures if someone has already been down this road.

Thanks in advance-

Michael
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

2. Member
    Tralk to Johnny Maxwell!

Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Tralk to Johnny Maxwell!
    I will try and reach him....thanks

4. Member

5. Member
    Johnny’s invention is for the console, not the bow. Tim Powell put a 12, I believe, on his bow. Not flush but looks pretty good in pics.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I was able to replace my hds 10 with a helix 12....its mounted on the e-ped as well. It's not perfect but it works very well.

This is the best pic that I have for now since Photobucket went stupid

Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. BBC SPONSOR

Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

8. BBC SPONSOR
    In the pics above you can see that I used the low profile Allison HDS 10 bracket and I cut some aluminum spacers to fill the gap. I also had to space the unit up about 3/4" to make the helix sit down properly without bottoming out.

I am not done with it, I want to fill the gap around the bottom of the unit but haven't got around to it yet. For the past year I haven't been able to keep my boat at home, that's about to change in a few weeks.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Thanks Tim. I have different problem. The gap on the HDS12 gimbal mount is wider than the 10. I am ordering a 12 gimbal mount from Allison and see if I can rig it on the eped. Not sure how far down it will recess. I am also ordering a blank panel for the front and see if I can flush mount it as I never use the eped anyway.

Thanks for the pix of your install. I will let everyone here know the outcome of what I come up with. I guess nobody expected the HDS 10 to die when they designed the bow panel. Hope others don’t have the same issue. Maybe I will come up with a solution.

Thanks again.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    You will need the Allison hds12 low profile bracket and you will have to space it up at least 3/4" if not more so it will clear the fiberglass down inside the recess. I have a Allison hds12 low profile bracket somewhere....i was going to go that route but the helix's fell in my lap
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

11. Member
    I misread that!

12. Member
    My new boat (Lord only knows if I really will get to pick it up in a couple of weeks the way things have been going) has a 12" Carbon in the bow and dash. I want to see how Darris and gang did the mount for it. The room up front should be about the same on our boats, just different mounting and arrangements of gauges and fish finders. If copying what I have will work, I'd say don't reinvent the wheel. But till Fish'n World gets my trolling motor in and ready I'm still sitting here wondering what it will have.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    The front end of your boat was redesigned to fit the bigger electronics, the molds were modified. The fiberglass recess is wider.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I was able to replace my hds 10 with a helix 12....its mounted on the e-ped as well. It's not perfect but it works very well.

This is the best pic that I have for now since Photobucket went stupid

Tim... That just looks sexy..... How much would you charge me to customize my Ultrex pedal? Thx!

15. Member
    Dan, with your boat being older like mine why dont you just buy a bigger tray and cut your deck more? That is my plan when I get an Ultrex.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    Dan, with your boat being older like mine why dont you just buy a bigger tray and cut your deck more? That is my plan when I get an Ultrex.

My concern is that it will have to be very sturdy like the Allison tray... that wood plank running down the center is basically completely cut so whatever trsy it is it HAS to be rigid... i am still waiting for Bill to tell me the new tray is ready for us.... Or Tim can customize my pedal lol

17. Member
    With it being winter I will be waiting for the new tray.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

18. BBC SPONSOR
    If I were you guys with the older boats I'd cut in the Ultrex ComforTroll....they are aluminum and would be very rigid.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

OK- for those of you that have a 2014 or older Bassport that will hold an HDS10 in the bow, this is what I did when I replaced with a HDS12.

Bought the HDS12 bracket from Allison cut for the eped. All I did was swap the gimbal mount and install the 12.

The unit not does not sit flush as the fiberglass in the recess is too narrow, but if someone wanted too badly enough, you could remove some glass and get the unit flush....I THINK!

Here are pix of what the 12 looks like installed so you can see how much higher it sits.

I think it looks OK to not have to make any modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    OK- for those of you that have a 2014 or older Bassport that will hold an HDS10 in the bow, this is what I did when I replaced with a HDS12.

Bought the HDS12 bracket from Allison cut for the eped. All I did was swap the gimbal mount and install the 12.

The unit not does not sit flush as the fiberglass in the recess is too narrow, but if someone wanted too badly enough, you could remove some glass and get the unit flush....I THINK!

Here are pix of what the 12 looks like installed so you can see how much higher it sits.

I think it looks OK to not have to make any modifications.

Doesn’t look like my pix posted. Damn! I will keep trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast