The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Question Anyone Run a Bravo on 250 SHO / 921

Wanting to start a new thread on the Bravo...

Have a 921 w sho on Bobs hydro and thinking of trying a Bravo. The sho runs best sitting high.
    Need feedback of a Bravo on a sho. I run heavy and get solid 73mph / 6100 rpms with 25 T1... 74.9 best speed

I have 12" setback, but can add my 2" spacers back on for 14" setback if that will help the Bravo perform.
    - Wondering what pitch?
    - Long or short barrel Bravo?

My salesmen said that he doesn't care for them on a Phoenix, but he may have run one on a Merc. Would that matter?
    Thanks ahead!

2. Member
    Talk to joe at Toho marine in fl he had some guys running the lab finished ones from mercury racing they were getting in the low 80s on 920s the lab one are the only ones that really perform

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by john721 View Post
    Talk to joe at Toho marine in fl he had some guys running the lab finished ones from mercury racing they were getting in the low 80s on 920s the lab one are the only ones that really perform
    Will do, thanks!

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Just spoke to Joe. Great guy! He said most guys that he knows ran bravos on 920s, had problems with slinging blades cuz they have to run em so high to get that extra few mph. Not worth the insurance claim.
    I gave him my numbers and he didnt think a bravo would help me enough to risk an insurance claim by slingin a blade.
    That's good enough research for me. No Bravo.

Thanks John721!

It’s not the Bravo....it’s prolly the “labbed” part that makes them a little more prone to sling a blade. When runnin a labbed prop you have to really inspect it more closely more often that a regular prop. This also needs be done with any prop when you’re getting close to surfacing it.....on performance hulls we run well above the pad and run into this all the time. Wonder if anyone has run a Hydromotive on a Phoenix. If they like a labbed Bravo they should run a Hydro well.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    For the record, when I talked to Mark about the one he just worked for me he had the same concerns about the bravo. He said long runs at a high ptp is a death sentence for those things. He said they once did a test where they spin them at wot for 40hrs and the bravo didn't make it. 40hrs wot run time is a LOT of time though but other factors might play into lifespan. I'm going to run it till it breaks if I like it.

7. Member
    Mark advised me the same when he worked my Fury... also said the Fury would be more durable for me on Toledo Bend because of all the stumps.

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Lots of good input. Thanks guys!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DGipson View Post
    Mark advised me the same when he worked my Fury... also said the Fury would be more durable for me on Toledo Bend because of all the stumps.
    That's the part that worries me. I fish in stumps a lot. I always jack the plate up and trim up but I have tagged a few while idling. I'm not going to stay away from fish just to save a prop, that's for sure

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    That's the part that worries me. I fish in stumps a lot. I always jack the plate up and trim up but I have tagged a few while idling. I'm not going to stay away from fish just to save a prop, that's for sure
    lol...I wouldn't either, but have seen those that do.