G3 pro g 185 fiberglass boat

Hi guys !

Anyone have a G3 glass boat ? Mines a 1999 and I was just looking for input on them . Not much on the net about them !

Thx

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I also have a 1999 GIII glass boat. My boat has the Green accent. This has been a great solid boat.
    I upgraded to bucket seats & a 150HP 4 stroke now ready for many more years of basin.
    Garage kept & have warm water all year good life for a great boat.

3. Member
    Well finally glad to meet another G3 glass owner . Im a little jealous of the year round warm weather due to cold and snow starting to hit and it will last for about 5 months . Do u have a jack plate on your boat ? If so was it from factory or after ?

4. Member
    No jack plate. Runs faster than a old man can keep up with.

5. Member
    I also have a blue and white 1999 PROG-185 glass boat. Purchased new Jan. 2000 and I installed a 5.5 in. jackplate about 3 months after purchase. It has been a good boat and I don't have any immediate plans to buy another boat anytime soon.

6. Member
    I hear a jackplate voids the warranty, not that warranty is an issue with an older boat. are the transoms made out of wood? I'm looking into a 2000 g3 pro 185 as we speak. ops comments were right, not much info on these at all. i understand it's a skeeter sx hull, and can't find much info on those either. i'm wondering what hole shot is like seeing as how this model is missing the skeeter style rear tabs normally found on skeeter boats.

the boat i'm looking at is 2000 G3 PRO 185, 150hp YAMAHA HPDI. Motor has the wings mounted on the cavitation plate (which is what made me think hole shot was poor to begin with)
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

7. Member
    Consider adding Smart Tabs in lieu of the "wing" if you buy it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Consider adding Smart Tabs in lieu of the "wing" if you buy it.
    That scares me. Was this boat known to have hole shot issues or proposing issues? Smart tabs meaning self adjusting trim tabs?

9. Member
    I am sorry if you took my response the wrong way.

Yes, self adjusting tabs ( or any tabs ).

I can't answer your question about that specific boat, but I did add Smart Tabs on 3 boats. In every case they helped the hole shot; stopped porpoising and allowed me to plane at lower speeds.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    I am sorry if you took my response the wrong way.

Yes, self adjusting tabs ( or any tabs ).

I can't answer your question about that specific boat, but I did add Smart Tabs on 3 boats. In every case they helped the hole shot; stopped porpoising and allowed me to plane at lower speeds.
    No, no not at all. Just wanted to be clear. So the oat setup as is, will have trouble getting on plane and will porpoise? Not good as.my last boat did that and it drove me to sell it. For the price they want, I'm thinking it's a bad buy now. Tabs aren't cheap

11. Member
    Let me try to be clear...I do not know anything, good or bad, about that boat or that boat style.

I was merely suggesting that, if you bought that boat, or any other boat that had hole shot/ porpoising issues, that tabs ( any tabs) can correct those types of issues.
    Incidentally, Smart TBs are around $200.

12. Member
    Gotcha. Sorry for the misinterpratarion :)

13. Member
    As stated above, I purchased a 1999 dual console new in Jan 2000. I have never had any problems with hole shot or porpoising with this hull. Every thing is about setup (engine height, prop, or set-back). My boat has a 5.5 inch hyd. jackplate and the boat runs very good (63 65 gps with just me - depending on winter or summer, 61 gps with two and tackle). I have enjoyed this boat very well and do not plan on selling anytime soon (I'm an old guy who fishes 3 to 4 times a week in Fl.)