Thread: Hambys install?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sorry I should have been more specific. Roger Sutterfield he owns Hamby's and is a sponsor here.

2. Member
    Hambys is definitely the way to go. I had mine installed at the factory when I ordered it back in 2000. It's still there, as strong as it was the day I got it. It's the best option I had installed, hands down.

3. Banned
    I installed mine on my 1996 Ranger and it was still on it when I sold it. It was a Keelshield and I did it by myself. My new boat I ordered it as an option and it is a Hambys from Ranger

4. Member
    550 Toledo Fiberglass
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

5. Banned
    I know when I had mine installed, I paid less to have the heavy model installed, than another dealer wanted to install the DIY model. Hamby's and installation was around $500

6. Member
    I don’t know how true it is but the dealer I got my quote actually kind of tried to steer me away from hamby’s and instead for a cheaper different brand. They said that ALL keel guards come off and when the hamby’s comes off it take glass with it causing the need for significant repair. They said that the cheaper brands will last half as long but will be much cheaper to replace.

I still think I would go hamby’s though.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    I don’t know how true it is but the dealer I got my quote actually kind of tried to steer me away from hamby’s and instead for a cheaper different brand. They said that ALL keel guards come off and when the hamby’s comes off it take glass with it causing the need for significant repair. They said that the cheaper brands will last half as long but will be much cheaper to replace.

I still think I would go hamby’s though.
    I think it's more likely that the glass gets impact damage and the Hamby's remains intact. How does he figure that the Hambys came loose, if it's still got glass attached?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12