Thread: Any PS4 owners?

Any PS4 owners?

I'm thinking of buying my boy a ps4 for Christmas since the BF deals are so good on them. I already own one. I want to be able to play together. From what I understand it's kinda screwy to have 2 ps4 in one house playing the same game. Anybody do this? From what I read, my PS4 is my primary. Then I could create him an account and he could be secondary on mine. Then I could become secondary on his console. In order to play a game together, I'd have to purchase it on my console. Then he could log into my console and have access to it since that's the primary console it was downloaded to and all users have access to it. Then I'd have to log myself onto his console to have access to my purchased games. So basically he'd have to play on my console and I'd have to play on his. That wouldn't work very well since my console is in my bedroom.

Also it would put a damper on taking advantage of the black Friday sales on games since it would only work on digital copies of games. Unless I bought two copies of the game which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Do I have all this correct? Anybody with experience?

I have a PS4 for sale with 10 games for $400 TYD, I do not have it listed yet though. We always used 2 games never set it up like you suggest.

PS4 500GB comes with console and original box, power cord, 2 controllers, charger for controllers, the following 10 games: Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty Ghost, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Madden 16, Madden 17, NHL 16, NBA2K 15, W2C5 Rally Racing.

Just buy two games.

4. Banned
    Almost all the games on the PS4 are single player so you will have to have another system to play "together" threw the Playstation network. If you can get a good deal on another system I would jump on it.

5. Member
    Cant he just come play with you on yours? I'm not a gamer, so may not understand why you want two consoles?

6. Member
    Can't you play multiplayer on one console. Or are you trying to avoid the split screens.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Can't you play multiplayer on one console. Or are you trying to avoid the split screens.
    For example: Call of Duty & Battlefield are single player only online. Its a multiplayer game, but not from the same box. You can't split screen.

some games have a split screen multiplayer but most of the really big games are single player only. Using the the internet to set up multiplayer games. Like Destiny for example, It's only single player but I can play on a network with up to 6 people at a time.

9. Banned
    So yes you would have to have two separate systems to play on or against him on the same game. I play with my son all the time on call of duty. And you can log in and out of any/either console and have access to your digital downloads.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 11-20-2017 at 11:15 AM.

10. Member
    Just picked up a PS4 Slim 1tb today. Most stores started selling today at BF prices

Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    Just picked up a PS4 Slim 1tb today. Most stores started selling today at BF prices
    What store? Kohl's has the best deal I've seen. $199 plus a $60 Kohl's cash card.

Yea two systems but you only need to buy one game. Just game share it to the other console. Then either console can play that game at anytime. You can play together on one tv, split screen but if u got eyes like me it sucks. Two consoles is way better. Each of u has your own acct, you just invite the other to play and then you play.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    I'm thinking of buying my boy a ps4 for Christmas since the BF deals are so good on them. I already own one. I want to be able to play together. From what I understand it's kinda screwy to have 2 ps4 in one house playing the same game. Anybody do this? From what I read, my PS4 is my primary. Then I could create him an account and he could be secondary on mine. Then I could become secondary on his console. In order to play a game together, I'd have to purchase it on my console. Then he could log into my console and have access to it since that's the primary console it was downloaded to and all users have access to it. Then I'd have to log myself onto his console to have access to my purchased games. So basically he'd have to play on my console and I'd have to play on his. That wouldn't work very well since my console is in my bedroom.

Also it would put a damper on taking advantage of the black Friday sales on games since it would only work on digital copies of games. Unless I bought two copies of the game which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Do I have all this correct? Anybody with experience?
    My son and I play together in the same house on a single PSP account. It works as you described and there is nothing screwy about it. We play Destiny and Destiny 2 and CoD and we each have our own copy.
    Question everything!