Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yea.....How did he NOT get killed in prison?....would have been a feather in someone's cap IMOP....

2. Member
    The Obit says he served 9 life terms. Looks like they can let him out now.
    Rest in Hell charlie.

another reason there should be a express lane to the gas chamber.

Well, he knows the TRUTH now.

Who cares.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Banned
    What a waste of taxpayer money to keep something like him alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblue1122 View Post
    Yea.....How did he NOT get killed in prison?....would have been a feather in someone's cap IMOP....
    I didn't know about it but I saw on the news story about him that some inmate tried to set him on fire some years ago but didn't kill him. Hard to kill the devil with fire.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblue1122 View Post
    I'm sure they had him in "protective custody" (i.e., 24 hour lock-down) during his time in the joint.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I'm sure they had him in "protective custody" (i.e., 24 hour lock-down) during his time in the joint.
    Yep they made sure no inmate looking to make a name for himself got close to him it would have also made Manson a Martyr.........He escaped the Death Penalty when the California Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional and made it retroactive to those already sentenced to death.

Remember it's California there would have been Death Penalty Opponents working for free fighting on his behalf for years while the State paid legal fees to pursue executing him and it's certain they wouldn't have any trouble getting California Judges to keep delaying his execution for who knows how long. So it just might have been cheaper and easier to keep him in the slammer for 48 years.

23 hours confined to a cell with an hour a day to move around in a little concrete exercise area isn't much of a life but better than he deserved.

Honestly, I would rather be put to death than live my whole life in prison. I've alway thought that Tim McVeigh got off waaaaay too easy.

Have them sit in a cell alone with no TV or newspaper, or anything else except the minimal amount of food and medical care to keep them alive would be a far worse punishment. I would kill myself rather than face that life.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12