Thread: Spun Hub X 2

Spun Hub X 2

Spun the hub on my 27T1 last trip out so I sent it out for repair and freshened up. First launch out yesterday spun again. WTH!!!!
    Is there a special trick to repairing these?? The hub always spins out just at the break over point. Nothing has changed on my set up.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

2. Member
    Who pressed in the new hub?

3. Member
    Are you absolutely positive you have spun the hub and just not blowing out severly on breakover? You mentioned that your setup hasn't changed but what was done to the prop to "freshen it up"...maybe some cup got reduced? Not saying it's not possible but this would be the first time I've heard of this happening after a new hub was put in by a professional prop guy. Just to make sure I would lower your motor an inch and test it again...or you could take a sharpie and mark the hub and prop at a certain point in line with each other and visually see if they move to know for sure...

Only way to mess that up at the prop shop is by using wrong hub or not prepping it before new hub install...shotty work.
    Last edited by Bullet 20cc; 11-20-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Additional info
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

4. Member
    Talked with the prop guy and he also indicated that the prop is probably blowing out. When it happened the first time (on the unrepaired prop) I was certain the I spun the hub since I'd never had blow out issues before and didn't press the issue being too far from the ramp. Anyhow, the hub was replaced and the blades cleaned up and polished. In retrospect I may have indeed lost some cup along the way. At any rate, I'm going to index mark the hub and see if there is any slip. I hesitate to lower the jack plate due to liking my current setup. Prop guy said he'd add some cup as required. Thanks for the input.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

5. Member
    You betcha...sounds like you got a hell of a rig there! Best of luck to you...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...