Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

old trailer needs all new lights - suggestions

OK guys - I bought a 20 yr old trailer. It's a channel so very solid. Making a few adjustments to it. One I want to do is all new lights. Would like to replace the large side lights with smaller bullet LEDs. Any sources for buying a whole trailer set or do I need to get a wiring harness and buy individual lights? Thanks for any info....

Might check on trailer parts super store web site.

3. Member
    I have had my best luck with trailer lighting from a small trailer shop I found locally. They were as cheap as any place online and had everything in stock. Might call around your area to some trailer shops.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    OK guys - I bought a 20 yr old trailer. It's a channel so very solid. Making a few adjustments to it. One I want to do is all new lights. Would like to replace the large side lights with smaller bullet LEDs. Any sources for buying a whole trailer set or do I need to get a wiring harness and buy individual lights? Thanks for any info....
    There are rules about trailer lights, so you need to make sure any lights you use meet the appropriate ASTI requirement for visibility. P2 and P3 are the marker light requirements.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    There are rules about trailer lights, so you need to make sure any lights you use meet the appropriate ASTI requirement for visibility. P2 and P3 are the marker light requirements.
    I have a large enclosed trailer and have the small bullet lights on that trailer as is when I bought it brand new 2 years ago. Any reason why they might not be legal on a boat trailer?

Thanks for the replies....

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    I have a large enclosed trailer and have the small bullet lights on that trailer as is when I bought it brand new 2 years ago. Any reason why they might not be legal on a boat trailer?

Thanks for the replies....
    They may very well be fine, but going to non-standard lights makes it important to watch out.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Have bullet lights on a 32 ft gooseneck that has to be inspected every year before they will issue new tags. It's seven years old..

8. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Have bullet lights on a 32 ft gooseneck that has to be inspected every year before they will issue new tags. It's seven years old..
    Should pass just fine...

So far it always has -- they just want there money..