Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Legend V20..... ride quality through rough H2O is a 5. Performance is a 4

2. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    We need a post that says "everybody's brand except mine sucks". Yall can copy and paste it into these kinds of threads.
    Your right Dean! Except I think they all suck. Including mine.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    We need a post that says "everybody's brand except mine sucks". Yall can copy and paste it into these kinds of threads.
    Each of his own, we all have our own personal likes/dislikes. I love my old a$$ Raycraft but if upgrading I can tell you I will not be buying a Ranger, Skeeter, or Nitro. Nothing against them just don’t care for them. The boat that really catches my attention is Pro Gator bass boats and the new tidecrafts and also bullet. Just my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    Your list is not correct without BassCat.

Actually, your list only needs to be BASSCAT!
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

5. Member
    I wouldn't call the layout of my Caracal crazy. The rod box set to the side works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Man talk about ovethinking something.
    Are you kidding me? His chart is GREAT and if more people went to the lengths he is, there would be fewer dissatisfied boat owners. Why criticize someone for analyzing all the factors to consider when buying a boat? I made charts very similar to what he did when I decided to buy my boat.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post
    Your blanks for ride quality and handling on the 520c are 3's and the 20phx are 5's imo. The phx will be the fastest of the ones on your list so in comparison you should bump it to a 5. Also it will be closer to 70k
    Thanks I appreciate the input.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Legend V20..... ride quality through rough H2O is a 5. Performance is a 4
    Thanks.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Are you kidding me? His chart is GREAT and if more people went to the lengths he is, there would be fewer dissatisfied boat owners. Why criticize someone for analyzing all the factors to consider when buying a boat? I made charts very similar to what he did when I decided to buy my boat.
    I agree, thanks! I tend to keep my boats for a long time, as my current one is a 1999 that I bought new, so I want to insure I'm getting the best one for me when I pull the trigger.

nah, probably a government worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyrick View Post
    Someone is an engineer...

11. Member
    Your graph is very unique as I am shopping for a 20 ft. boat also and have had the opportunity to fish out of quite a few you have listed and recently sold my personal boat which is on the list I am not sure I would have scored some categories the same but that is neither here nor there keep it up and see how it unfolds but some of the categories such as hole shot will depend on too many factors that are unknown load weight, motor, prop, prop to pad, etc. my ride quality would go charger 5,phoenix 4,ranger 3,legend 3,nitro 2,skeeter 2,. handling and performance phoenix 5, legend 4,ranger 4,charger 3,nitro 2,skeeter 3, the width at pedal and pole I am combining in my opinion they have a lot of correlation ranger, charger, legend, phoenix, nitro all very close with minor differences all would get 4 to 5 depending on engine and load give you a different feel with skeeter getting 3.
    Last edited by greg88; 11-24-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    I agree, thanks! I tend to keep my boats for a long time, as my current one is a 1999 that I bought new, so I want to insure I'm getting the best one for me when I pull the trigger.
    I see nothing wrong with it other than so many of your categories are subjective, opinion. What you think is a really nice fishable platform rating a 5 may only be a 3 to others and vice versa.

Especially overall performance and rough water ride.

13. Member
    Look at the Falcon F205 Dinks. Might be on my short list for the next boat.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Look at the Falcon F205 Dinks. Might be on my short list for the next boat.
    Thanks I have. I didn't like what I saw but it is wide for sure!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123