Cant get depth shading to work

I had all my depth shading colors set and ever sense installing ultra they are gone. When I go into charts menu they all show to still be set. whats up?
    and shading is turned to on. Also when removing ultra card its still gone. I had 0-10 set to red 10.1-15 yellow ect ect.

Don, are you running current software?

I have noticed this issue on a rare occasion. Try adjusting one of your ranges by a foot or so, then readjust back to your original settings to see if this brings the color shading back.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    I had same issue and had to update to get it to work. Also need to select fishing chart to get it to work.

4. Member
    Sorry for late response. Thanksgiving duties. Yes I updated and all fine now

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Don, are you running current software?

I have noticed this issue on a rare occasion. Try adjusting one of your ranges by a foot or so, then readjust back to your original settings to see if this brings the color shading back.

I have 73DV and 840XS and have no luck with colors in chart appearance. I see the changes but when I go back to charts, no change. What else can I try, and yes both updated

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Dieago View Post
    I had all my depth shading colors set and ever sense installing ultra they are gone. When I go into charts menu they all show to still be set. whats up?
    and shading is turned to on. Also when removing ultra card its still gone. I had 0-10 set to red 10.1-15 yellow ect ect.
    I had one of the good guys on here, explain that you have to do the depth shading by going to Quickdraw, and it worked great

Quote Originally Posted by coach76 View Post
    I have 73DV and 840XS and have no luck with colors in chart appearance. I see the changes but when I go back to charts, no change. What else can I try, and yes both updated
    Which mapping version/year are you using? Are you running the preloaded mapping or the LakeVu Ultra card? What lakes? Are you trying to view your shaded depths in Nav Chart or Fishing Chart?
    Last edited by Todd Driscoll; 02-12-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Which mapping version/year are you using? Are you running the preloaded mapping or the LakeVu Ultra card? What lakes? Are you trying to view your shaded depths in Nav Chart or Fishing Chart?
    On the 840XS I have the built in Lake Vu and BlueChart v2018.10v1960. I was only able to do Lake Vu depth shading by going to Quickdraw, do you another suggestion. I don't see a change with the BlueChart, do you have suggestion on how to get depth shading?
    with the 73DV US Lake Vu Detail v2016. v17.50 I will not update them, since I did not care for what I lost on updating the 840XS. Quickdraw also worked on this unit and was able to . use depth shade. Todd thanks for taking time solve this issue.

With the 73DV I can do depth shading in both but depths only apprear in Nav chart.
    The 840xs Bluechart under Nav different shades of blue, with fishing chart no mostly grey or very light blue. Lake Vu depth colors with fishchart with nav slight blue and light grey no colors

Quote Originally Posted by coach76 View Post
    On the 840XS I have the built in Lake Vu and BlueChart v2018.10v1960. I was only able to do Lake Vu depth shading by going to Quickdraw, do you another suggestion. I don't see a change with the BlueChart, do you have suggestion on how to get depth shading?
    with the 73DV US Lake Vu Detail v2016. v17.50 I will not update them, since I did not care for what I lost on updating the 840XS. Quickdraw also worked on this unit and was able to . use depth shade. Todd thanks for taking time solve this issue.

With the 73DV I can do depth shading in both but depths only apprear in Nav chart.
    The 840xs Bluechart under Nav different shades of blue, with fishing chart no mostly grey or very light blue. Lake Vu depth colors with fishchart with nav slight blue and light grey no colors
    Which lakes are you trying to view depth shading for?

Note that with the 840, to see all your depth contours you need to use Nav Chart.

With the 73dv and current software, since you are running older (2016) mapping, you will see a Fishing Chart with no content. With updated echoMAPs and pre-2017 mapping, you need to also use the Nav Chart to see contour details. With updated echoMAPs and 2017 or 2018 mapping, then all your contour details would be in the Fishing Chart.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Member
    Todd

The lakes are all in Northeast Ohio. Berlin Lake, West Branch lake, Mosquito Lake, Lake Milton, Lake Erie and Ohio River. Ok on the 840 and will use Nav Chart.

Why with 2016 maps will Fish Chart have no content. 73 is updated but older maps. I will hold off updating maps on this unit until I know they will be an improvement. I will have to compart some of the lakes side by side this week. Appreciate any more follow up.