Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ECHOMAP Plus Chartplotter/Sonar Combos

And I just got 93sv ? Really wish new this unit was coming out !! What are thoughts on this unit ?I love fact it’s touchscreen...
    Last edited by Northeastbassin; 11-19-2017 at 09:02 PM.

2. Member
    Love my 93SV but me too on the purchase....I wonder how much touchscreen..full "pinch and zoom"? The WIFI is what I really wanted...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MDBASSNPRO View Post
    Love my 93SV but me too on the purchase....I wonder how much touchscreen..full "pinch and zoom"? The WIFI is what I really wanted...
    Only buttons are:
    On/Off
    +
    -
    And 4 favorite buttons.

You can zoom in and out with the +/- buttons or pinch and zoom. I really like the favorites buttons.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

4. Member
    Really nice unit for 849 w out transducer ...

5. Member
    What can you program the 4 favorite buttons to do?

I know on my 93sv's I would like quicker access to clearing my tracks.
    2021 Phoenix 921 ProXP w/Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    Bow Garmin Force, Garmin 126SV and 12"Solix, Mega 360, Livescope
    Console Garmin 126SV and 12"Solix
    Ionic 125ah, 3 Battleborn 100ah, Power pole charge, 8ft Power Poles

Catch and Release for our children's future.

6. Member
    Are the EchoMap Plus models on the street already?

7. Member
    Think it 31st

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassgreg View Post
    What can you program the 4 favorite buttons to do?

I know on my 93sv's I would like quicker access to clearing my tracks.

When you are on a page you want to save to favorites you simply hold down one of the favorite buttons and you will be able to access that page, no matter where you are in the menu's, by pressing that button. On my unit I have SideVu, map, ClearVu/2d, and 2d saved to the four buttons.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

9. Member
    When you hit that favorite button, let's say from 2d to SideVu, does it start a new sideview scan or did it scan (when configured) in the background all the while the 2d is running?

10. Member
    Pretty sure it starts new. Can't really say I've paid attention to that.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    Pretty sure it starts new. Can't really say I've paid attention to that.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Does anyone know if the echomap 73sv and echomap plus 73sv uses the same mounting bracket? I'm just wondering if I could simply purchase the new echomap plus 73sv head unit and sell my old echomap 73sv headunit.

12. Member
    The cradle is different. One of them the pins go 4 4 10 2 2 2. The other one goes 2 2 2 10 4 4.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

13. Member
    The cradle is different. One of them the pins go 4 4 10 2 2 2. The other one goes 2 2 2 10 4 4.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Thank you for verifying that for me. I have been trying to decide if I should jump on one of the BPS black friday deals on the garmin 73sv to get the transducer/and mount. Sounds like I would be better off just waiting on the plus versions.

14. Member

SE Kansas grass grower
    What about waypoints? I don't have to share transducers across multiple head units, but it would be very beneficial to share waypoints. Does the Echomap Plus 73/93SV and/or CV have the same two wires to connect and would it share it's waypoints with the regular (non-plus version) echomap chirp 73SV?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty_allen View Post
    What about waypoints? I don't have to share transducers across multiple head units, but it would be very beneficial to share waypoints. Does the Echomap Plus 73/93SV and/or CV have the same two wires to connect and would it share it's waypoints with the regular (non-plus version) echomap chirp 73SV?
    Yes.

SE Kansas grass grower

OOPS, DIDN'T READ THE POST CORRECTLY.
    Last edited by ring fry; 11-28-2017 at 09:14 AM.

ROCK CHALK

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_allen View Post
    Yes.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Since the echoMAP Plus 7x/9x have a functional Ethernet-networking port, these specific units will share user data and sonar data via the Ethernet cable (not the High Speed Protocol provided by the wires on the PWR cable). Because of this, these 7x/9x Plus units will not share wpts with any of the older echoMAPs.

However, the echoMAP Plus 4x/6x products will continue to support this High Speed Serial connection to share waypoints since they don’t have Ethernet ports.
    Last edited by Todd Driscoll; 11-29-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    Garmin Pro Team

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Since the echoMAP Plus 7x/9x have a functional Ethernet-networking port, these specific units will only share waypoints and other user data via the Ethernet cable (not the High Speed Protocol provided by the wires on the PWR cable). Because of this, these 7x/9x Plus units will not share wpts with any of the older echoMAPs.

However, the echoMAP Plus 4x/6x products will continue to support this High Speed Serial connection to share waypoints since they don’t have Ethernet ports.
    Todd,

Isn't the Ethernet port the only spot that the panoptix can hook up through? My plan is too run a Plus 93 on the bow with panoptix and a plus 93 at the wheel. Will I not be able to share data?

Thanks,

Wes

18. Member
    My 73 + has a 'power' port, NMEA 2000 port, Sonar port, and Panoptix port. I assume (I know probably shouldn't) the 93 + would be the same way.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

19. Member
    My 73 + has a 'power' port, NMEA 2000 port, Sonar port, and Panoptix port. I assume (I know probably shouldn't) the 93 + would be the same way.

SE Kansas grass grower
    So will my two 93+ units be able to share waypoints? If so, how would I connect them? Because the manual says the data share cable will not work for the 70/90 models.

20. Member
    Well....it's possible. If you connect a ethernet cable between them - yes. But you only have one ethernet port on each. So if you have a Panoptix transducer plugging into one, then there goes the sharing. At least that how I interpret what Todd said. He specifically said not through the power cable wires and since he also said "only though ethernet" I'm taking that to mean not through NMEA2000 also.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast