Thread: Ranger CS

Ranger CS

I'll start by saying I'm pretty anal with my boat. The rubber edge guarding around the cubby hole in the passenger console was cracked and weathered. I called Ranger to order a replacement for it and they said they knew what I wanted so I ordered it for about $5. I got that, a new winch strap, and a new bow roller. I'll start by saying their prices on replacement items are on par with any aftermarket site in my experience. When I received my order, the edge guarding they sent was actually the mat that goes inside the cubby area.....all other parts were correct. I called them back and explained the part I received was wrong to Sherry and she apologized for sending the incorrect part. She understood the part I needed and sent it no charge and told me to keep the mat. She couldn't have been nicer and we had a nice conversation about Ranger and the changes that have happened there. She said many of the same people are there doing the same quality work as always. I truly believe that. I'd still love to tour that factory some time...

I've been more than pleased with any transaction I've had with them since owning my boat. Great company to do business with
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    Second to none

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1212 View Post
    Second to none
    Second to Basscat and I just bought a Ranger. Basscat was my last boat and this is my 2nd Ranger. Basscat paves the way in CS, just a fact.

4. Member
    Talked to them recently, getting prices for seat skins, carpet, and other items, great service and personable, love ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    Second to Basscat and I just bought a Ranger. Basscat was my last boat and this is my 2nd Ranger. Basscat paves the way in CS, just a fact.
    Basscat is awesome no doubt, Ranger sells 5 times the boats, and 10 times the parts..so naturally going to have a few more hiccups in that process. Both great companies for CS.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Basscat is awesome no doubt, Ranger sells 5 times the boats, and 10 times the parts..so naturally going to have a few more hiccups in that process. Both great companies for CS.
    I'd think they sell 5 times the parts, but I'm not a math guy.

The factory tour is awesome !! Very interesting and eye opening !! Once you see how Ranger is put together and the parts used, you'll understand why they are the leading boat manufacturer !! I've dealt with Ranger on parts from hub seal O rings to seat skins, to trim pieces, to wench straps to all parts Ranger !! Great people to deal with, and very knowable and helpful !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

8. Member
    Sherry is great to work with, helps us at Vics everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by vicsservice View Post
    Sherry is great to work with, helps us at Vics everyday.
    Great to see Vic's onboard here!!!!

11. Member
    I've owned three Rangers and two Cats over a bunch of years. Both do a good job after the sale. Cat does a superior job making you feel like one of the family. No one from Ranger has ever called me by name. Even Forrest Wood blew me off at a boat show asking me "did I want an autograph" after I told him I'd owned two Rangers and was considering a third. Needless to say I didn't buy one that day.

I'm NOT downing Ranger in any way! There is a reason I've owned three LOL. BUT, Cat does CS head and shoulders above the rest.

Glad they got ya taken care of Bob!