Ultex deploy wire and mechanism sticking

New Ultrex is very hard to deploy. Have to pull the wire extremely hard. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there something to grease that will ease the mechanism? Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Sounds like the mount is in a bind.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

3. Member
    Is a stabilizer bar supposed to come with the motor when new? I was just messing with the motor and it seems like its laying a bit low. It needs the stabilizer bar to keep it up a bit.

4. Member
    The stabilizer comes with all new Ultrex's. It will not have an effect on the stow / deploy part of the trolling motor. Did you buy this new in the box?
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    John is right. They all come with a stabilizer bar. I would look at the way it is mounted on the deck of your boat. It sounds like the mount may have a slight twist in it. Check to see if the deck nose has a slight dip in it. If it does and the mount is flush with the deck, then you will have to add a spacer or two to the lowest point to get the mount to square up.

I've noticed that it's harder to deploy than the Fortrex also. I've been using 2 hands with a quick lifting motion and it seems to be a little easier. The cable seems to hit the head at a bad angle or something.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

7. Member
    Check the instructions. They tell you how to tighten the mounting bolts. its twisted so to speak and puts in in a bind.