2016 V20 Livewell

My old boat had a auto/manual switch that ran freshwater in or a auto/manual to recirculate the water. I always used the auto freshwater when fish were in the well and I only used recirculate when I was making a run so I wouldn't loose any water from the tank. I see there is no auto timer for fresh water on my V20 so how do you guys run your livewells to keep your fish alive? I didn't think it was good to recirculate the old used water over and over again fish puke, poop and pollute the water so bad you need fresh water don't you?
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

2. Legend Boats Moderator
    I have just kept my overflow unplugged and kept it on manual when I want to add freahwater

3. Member
    After filling my live wells initially in the morning, I plug my overflow as well, run my aerators on manual continually in warm weather, timed when cool, Oxygenators on also. I use ice to keep the water cool when needed, G Juice too.
    I have V2 vents in both lids. I pump out about 1/3 of the water every 2-3 hours and replenish with fresh water. I watch for foam to form in the livewells which indicates organic waste in the water and time to add/pump out water. There is a product called Foam Off I use to get rid of the foam too, as the foam will impair the aerators hitting the surface of the water in the wells. Seems to work very well for me.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by autigerz View Post
    After filling my live wells initially in the morning, I plug my overflow as well, run my aerators on manual continually in warm weather, timed when cool, Oxygenators on also. I use ice to keep the water cool when needed, G Juice too.
    I have V2 vents in both lids. I pump out about 1/3 of the water every 2-3 hours and replenish with fresh water. I watch for foam to form in the livewells which indicates organic waste in the water and time to add/pump out water. There is a product called Foam Off I use to get rid of the foam too, as the foam will impair the aerators hitting the surface of the water in the wells. Seems to work very well for me.
    Thanks autigerz!
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer