Thread: Ranger Z185

Ranger Z185

Is anyone running this boat with either a Pro xs 150 or a G2 evinrude 150? If so how is the performance with the boat as far as speed, handling, and fishability? Front deck big enough for 2 guys?

2. Member
    Just bought one a month ago with the 150 G2 and so far I love it. I have hit 60 mph when I opened it up a couple of times. It rides and drives great. The G2 jumps on plane really quick. Haven't had it in any really rough water yet. Everything seems layed out perfectly for fishing.

3. Member
    I was curious about the speeds guys were getting and 60 is good to hear. Ill be curious to know about handling in rough water for sure!

4. Member
    I love mine. I’ve got the G2 150 h.o without a jack plate and running a stock 24p raker and I’ve seen 62 gps by myself and 1/2 tank of gas. On plane in 2-3 seconds. As far as fish ability, it fishes like a bigger boat, I’ve routinely had 3 guys fishing out of it without getting in the way of each other. I highly recommend this boat!
    2019 Ranger Z520L
    Evinrude ETEC 250 H.O. G2

5. Member
    What is the storage length with the G2? I know the SHO is too long for my garage and so far my only option is PROXS as it is 20'10"