Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar

Thundercats Black bird...an update

Just wanted to share an update on the Blackbird. Tyler has that thing running pretty damn good. I have a vic I will post shortly in this update...I was sitting in a cuddy cabin while Tcat and Shady were making speed runs in the 'Bird....With his latest and impressive Mods done at this point (still running his XB) he is consistently running 86.8 gps with two aboard. And he's running sweet on the pad and in full control....
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

2. Member
    That's sweet. I was wondering how T-Cat was getting along.

3. Banned
    COOL LETS SEE THE VIDEO OF THE GPS WHILE HES RUNNING THAT 2100 ACROSS THE LAKE.

4. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Yeah, he's getting along nicely. Gotta admit, the nosecone lower looks really sweet too. The other mods he's done have taken it to a nice number. With some more running and maybe some props trials, I could see him clipping along 87-88+ on a 250XB platform.
    This spring we are setting up a race course on one of our rivers. We are gonna take off out of a set of gates, round 3 bouys, and head for home back between the gates....Lowest time wins.....Gonna be fun! Should end up being about a 4 mile course or so.

5. Member
    Wow. Count me in for that.
    02' 2100SC-250xB-Dual 12' Talons

Long time no hear RRMD, I asked Tyler about you and he said you were good but busy. Yeah when he text me the other day he said he was having some throttle issues and now it's opening up all the way and he was excited. Sure miss having him here, and missed having your post.

Like everything else in the world seems like this place is changed and not always for the good if you know what I mean

7. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    I mean to try to get on more often.....I bought a restaurant and it's growing at a rate that's hard to keep up with....which is a blessing and a curse. Lol! But things are good....just very time consuming... BPtelli....its gonna be a freaking blast man!!!! Lets hook-up in 2018 from time to time!

oh and lil red....The loss of RPMs might have just been a couple bad plugs....hoping so. I am sure he will be testing more..weather permitting

Good for Tyler !!!! Miss him on here....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Glad to hear your restaurants doing good RRMD I remember when you said you were buying it and that was one of your dreams glad everything's falling into place for you would love to meet you boys up there and hang out

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    Yeah, he's getting along nicely. Gotta admit, the nosecone lower looks really sweet too. The other mods he's done have taken it to a nice number. With some more running and maybe some props trials, I could see him clipping along 87-88+ on a 250XB platform.
    This spring we are setting up a race course on one of our rivers. We are gonna take off out of a set of gates, round 3 bouys, and head for home back between the gates....Lowest time wins.....Gonna be fun! Should end up being about a 4 mile course or so.
    Tyler was texting me when he was trying to figure out his issue (we were about to try some of my props just to eliminate that possibility), then a couple days later I got his text about the new speed, ROLLIN' in that G and it has a fairly quick holeshot too!!! And pretty sure his new PB is with a Holeshot Propeller modded prop (I know he just got one done and think he said it was the one he was running for those top end runs)

That river racing deal sounds awesome! Id like to be in on that with the PII, she might not have the fastest top end but accelerates and corners with the best of em'
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

11. Member
    How is Tyler’s family doing?

12. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    I will keep you guys posted on the River Race. Keep an eye on the Upper Chesapeake Bay board in the Spring...That's where it will be posted. Anyone Welcome. Gonna be a great day to try some props too I would imagine. And Yes, good cornering and acceleration will knock down times along with being a good wheelman.
    There will be a nice run to the 1st Bouy that will have a 90 degree turn, then accelerate to the 2nd bouy (keeping speed up here will be key) and then a hairpin (slow down, round the bouy and accelerate) for the longest straight run on the course to get back through the gate.....

Keeping everything "legal" of course.....one at a time on the course, nothing too close to a bridge or anything or anyone.....Fun stuff, not daredevil stuff