Banned

New tires for the RT188 trailer

Where and what are you guys getting? Tried NTB they have 1 kind and it sucks. Tire rack has 1 and it sucks. What are you buying?

Don't know if this will help because everybody has their own opinions on tires......just like batteries or rods or reels....or boats.

But every Ranger I owned and most of them I have noticed have had Carlisle tires on them. When I have replaced them in the past, I have replaced them with the same Carlisle tires. It has worked for me. The last ones I bought came from a Firestone store and they ordered the tires overnight delivery for me. I figure if they are good enough for Ranger to put on their new trailers that they are good enough for me. May not be what others use or recommend but I was just trying to help you from my own experience .......and I tow a whole lot on the interstate to different states and on trips.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

I've had Carlisle tires on a few trailers including the one I have now.. And I've heard a lot of bad things about that brand tire but never had one issue with them myself..
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

4. Member
    I replaced the Carlisle's with Maxxis. The Carlisle's didn't last long at all

5. Banned
    I just put 4 Goodyear Endurance on the Lund trailer. Only have about 100 miles on them and I like them so far. No sidewall bulge when the trailer bounces.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    I just put 4 Goodyear Endurance on the Lund trailer. Only have about 100 miles on them and I like them so far. No sidewall bulge when the trailer bounces.
    Sadly I contacted them and they have no plans of making a 13" tire. That's what I planned on replacing mine with.

7. Banned
    Went ahead and got another set of Carlisle radials like the originals. Had to have something before the weekend and couldn’t wait for a special order to come in. Thanks guys.