Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smartstrike for Onix

I recently purchased a Smartstrike program for my lake in the chart selection. I had to repurchase the HD map again for my lake to get this, Strom Thurmond lake, aka..Clark's Hill . after doing all steps i put the card in my ONIX and followed those steps to get started. Had a chart view on screen, selected chart at top left corner of chart, selected info in drop down then selected Smartstrike in drop down and it went to a blank lake list and that's as far as I can get, I tried many different times but nothing, I know I am missing step or doing something wrong, Please help. Thanks

2. Member
    I haven't figured it out yet either ...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=860038

Rickie

3. Banned
    after you hit info you should see a long list of lakes to choose from

4. Member
    When I go to info it shows one lake my home lake, I purchased smarts trike as a layer on chart select, and I had to purchase my lake again with it

5. Banned
    if you purchased it from chart select then you will only see the first lake. did you select it?

6. Member
    Yes, it shows my lake twice and I have tried both, it says - DOW STROM THURMOND HD and STROM THURMOND HD, I pick one as my option then it returns to the menu and I select smart strike in the menu and it then goes to a blank screen which is titled lake list and that's far as I can get

7. Banned
    ahhh...it's because youre choosing the wrong name for the lake. it should be CLARKS HILL! j/k

sounds like something may be corrupt with the card. i have a smart strike se card. ill try it for you this weekend and see what happens

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish stick View Post
    When I go to info it shows one lake my home lake, I purchased smarts trike as a layer on chart select, and I had to purchase my lake again with it
    Had you already purchased the HD layer by itself in a previous transaction with Chart Select ...??

And then you purchased the HD layer again along with the SmartStrike layer ...??

Rickie

9. Member
    I also get "Dow" lake as well and I did download the lake and only the hd version for my 1198. About 1.5 years ago. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 11-21-2017 at 09:03 AM.

10. Member
    Ok I purchased a map for Clarks hill about a year and half ago thru chart select and works great. Decided I would try smart strike and had to purchase the map again to use smart strike off the chart select, $ 4.95 for smart strike layer, can't go wrong ( I hope). I followed all instructions, I hope, encrypted the card and downloaded map and smart strike, I did have a problem when it asked me what to use to open smart strike and think I used word pad not sure if that was correct andmay be my problem

Ok I purchased a map for Clarks hill about a year and half ago thru chart select and works great. Decided I would try smart strike and had to purchase the map again to use smart strike off the chart select, $ 4.95 for smart strike layer, can't go wrong ( I hope). I followed all instructions, I hope, encrypted the card and downloaded map and smart strike, I did have a problem when it asked me what to use to open smart strike and think I used word pad not sure if that was correct andmay be my problem
    You can't "open" that file with any computer. The map is read by the sonar unit. All you do is purchase the map by selecting the layers you want. Then download to the encrypted memory card to be used in the unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Ok thanks because it did nothing anyway

13. Member
    Wayne, if my card is corrupted is there any way I could redownload to a new card without purchasing again

Wayne, if my card is corrupted is there any way I could redownload to a new card without purchasing again
    Don't think so.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

From the Humminbird website:

https://www.humminbird.com/Category/...ChartSelect14/
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    We have the answer! Thanks Wayne

17. Member
    [QUOTE=Wayne P.;8874215]From the Humminbird website:

https://www.humminbird.com/Category/...ChartSelect14/[/

I did purchase the HD map with this smartstrike purchase, both on the same encrypted card, I was asking if I could somehow wipe the card clean and reload or possibly start over with a new card with the same encrypted info

18. Member
    [QUOTE=fish stick;8874904]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    From the Humminbird website:

https://www.humminbird.com/Category/...ChartSelect14/[/

I did purchase the HD map with this smartstrike purchase, both on the same encrypted card, I was asking if I could somehow wipe the card clean and reload or possibly start over with a new card with the same encrypted info
    Why? You can't change cards unless you buy a new download. If you leave the encrypt files on the card you can re-download if it is still within one year of purchase. Bob

[QUOTE=bobcoy;8875026]
    Why? You can't change cards unless you buy a new download. If you leave the encrypt files on the card you can re-download if it is still within one year of purchase. Bob
    The way I understand the Chart Select program is you get one download of the contour mapping with or without Smart Strike.

You can later purchase and download one or more of the satellite layers and the USGS map to add to the memory card with the contour mapping.

If you did not purchase and download Smart Strike, you can't add that later.
    If you select only the Smart Strike layer to purchase, the contour map layer is automatically added at the additional cost.

The only other thing you can do with the contour map is download it to your smart device with the FishSmart App for free.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Yep that's the way it was, I purchased the map of Clark's hill approx 2 years ago, recently I wanted the smart strike program, so I purchased it and it said that I must purchase the HD map to make this work, and I could not use the one i already had so I did that, no problem I have 4 depth finders I can use it in, the problem is it does not work and need guidance on how to make it work. Do i need to call the Johnson's or do it again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast