Thread: Baker Mayfield

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Angry Baker Mayfield

The Heisman committee has lost all of its credibility if they give the Heisman to him. The Heisman supposed to be given to the most outstanding player with the most outstanding leadership and character and sportsmanship today that was no sportsmanship cussing and grabbing your balls on the field . OU fan should be disappointed and we'll see what the coach does should be suspended for at least a game reflects bad on him and the NFL and the University took notice , does it probably go on and other games it probably does but he got caught doing it on National Television, PS it's about time he moves on from his 6-year stay at OU

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Sounds like another Johnny Manziel in the making.

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Crybabies

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Things got keyed up when Kansas refused to shake hands after the coin toss.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    The Heisman committee has lost all of its credibility if they give the Heisman to him. The Heisman supposed to be given to the most outstanding player with the most outstanding leadership and character and sportsmanship today that was no sportsmanship cussing and grabbing your balls on the field . OU fan should be disappointed and we'll see what the coach does should be suspended for at least a game reflects bad on him and the NFL and the University took notice , does it probably go on and other games it probably does but he got caught doing it on National Television, PS it's about time he moves on from his 6-year stay at OU
    The heisman is a joke, has been for years. It means nothing.

Oh please...people have been grabbing their crotch for a couple of decades now on TV and music videos.

While it's not my style and don't agree with it, its nothing to get up in arms about. It will be handled internally.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I like his enthusiasm, the guy is enthusiastic and gets his team fired up. He has had a fantastic year and I cannot think of anybody better for the Heisman. Has he done some stupid things probably but who did not when they were 18 to 21. I am just glad we did not have camera phones when I was that age.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

8. Banned
    Louisville's Lamar Jackson is quietly having a better year than last year when he won the Heisman... Just sayin'... Dan

Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    The heisman is a joke, has been for years. It means nothing.
    Yep. It seems every year there are more deserving athletes for the award. It seems like the winner has to be from a dominate teams these days. Frankly I have not agreed with the voters very often.

he showed no class when he stuck the flag in the O at the shoe.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Louisville's Lamar Jackson is quietly having a better year than last year when he won the Heisman... Just sayin'... Dan

Lamar Jackson is the best player in football again this year. He's simply unbelievably gifted. Speed, quickness and an arm.

Lamar......simply the best college player period.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Crybabies
    Ironically the OP speaks about what a Heisman Trophy candidate should behave like, a Clemson player has NEVER won one, how would he know? They’ve only given out 81 trophies!

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    Ironically the OP speaks about what a Heisman Trophy candidate should behave like, a Clemson player has NEVER won one, how would he know? They’ve only given out 81 trophies!
    Because it's his opinion?

16. Member
    Yeah, I remember Mayfield before and after the game against Clemson in the 2016 College Football Playoff. He looked dominating that year too until he met a real defense. There is not an elite Dline in the Big 12. They very well may be the real deal this year, but I’ll take the Bama dline and Clemson Dline to fare well against him.

As for “everyone is doing it“, maybe we should give “everyone” the Heisman if the standard has fallen that low. This Guy is getting 10-20 hours yearly of publicity training, media handling tips, public speaking advice, etc. I’ll bet every fishing item I own someone has told him to not do this stuff because it takes away from the field performance and the team. He is being taught to build and represent a “Brand” and then he does this crap. None of these athletes are out there on their own homegrown skill set with no help, they are either taking good advice or ignoring it. They all get good exposure to good folks. He basically ignored advice and brought this in himself.
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Things got keyed up when Kansas refused to shake hands after the coin toss.
    That is pretty lame by the jayhawks... If you think the Heisman means nothing, try asking a college football player what it means to him... Especially today who won...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    So let's just go back here and take a look Cam Newton gets caught stealing computers in Florida dismissed from the team go to a small school come back Auburn accepted money denied it ends up winning the Heisman. Johnny Manziel another prime example of fine human being drug addict alcoholic swears like a sailor ends up winning the Heisman Jameis Winston behaves badly on campus does what he wants to do he's the big shot gets caught stealing lobsters from a grocery store destroys school property Lamar Jackson kept his nose clean and won the Heisman , Desean Watson only loses two football games in his whole career is voted the best football player at the quarterback position in college football two years in a row holds the passing record two years in a row most passing touchdowns two years in a row , wins more Awards then any other player in college football for those two years but doesn't win the Heisman. As long as I'm throwing out stats here's another one Clemson is 80 and 14 in the past 7 years the only other program that has won at least 80 games Alabama

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    He is a stud. He broke through today against Syracuse and was running to the endzone against 3 defenders directly in front of him. I thought sure he would be stopped prior to scoring. Nope... a couple fakes and in he goes. I think that was his 3rd or 4th td.. Cant remember.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    Sounds like another Johnny Manziel in the making.
    thats exactly what I told my wife, Johnny Football #2
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast