Question 2017 721 Pro XP Stored Outside

For those of you keeping your baby outside, what type of storage/protection you use besides the boat cover, for the long winter months when you do not use your boat?

2. Member
    Can you buy one of those tarp type carpets that will she's the snow good enough to not fall in? That or a garage

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Some dealers will shrink wrap it with heavy duty plastic.

I cover my boat with a heavy duty tarp during the winter when I'm done for the year. I have several of these bags in different sizes under the tarp, to support any snow and keep the tarp from sagging. We use these bags at work to keep pallets of drinks from turning over in the trailers, these bags are strong and work great.

5. Member
    Good ideas, thank you!

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post

I cover my boat with a heavy duty tarp during the winter when I'm done for the year. I have several of these bags in different sizes under the tarp, to support any snow and keep the tarp from sagging. We use these bags at work to keep pallets of drinks from turning over in the trailers, these bags are strong and work great.
    Link or phone #?
    I actually found some similar ones on ebay and they're quite expensive. The width only goes to 20 inches from what I found.
    I have a couple of workout balls that may help. Thanks for the idea!
    Last edited by Fidgetcranker; 11-21-2017 at 07:31 AM. Reason: added info found

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Link or phone #?
    I actually found some similar ones on ebay and they're quite expensive. The width only goes to 20 inches from what I found.
    I have a couple of workout balls that may help. Thanks for the idea!
    http://www.shippersproducts.com/prod...woven-airbags/
    Here is a link ... I got mine from work so don't know about ordering any of these. You can use a shop vac to fill them, just put the hose on the exhaust side, fills up pretty quick.

8. Banned
    I havent done it for my phx yet but my old boat I built a piece of 1.75 diameter tubing that goes from front to rear, bent down at the ends (I have a tubing bender and build cages) and has two legs that sit in the seat post holes. Then I put my boat cover on and a huge tarp over that with lots of rope wrapping around it and closing up every hole so no cats get in there! It was high enough no snow built up on it.

phx cover seems to form fitting for that.

9. Member
    2”pvc pipe over seat post with elbows to middle of boat with a T fitting then down to floor with another T fitting and 2 pieces out the sides to edge of boat. Been doing it for 15 years with no problems or snow build up.

Went to Walmart and bought 3 of the large Kids balls; 3 bucks each. They hold cover up very well, no sag in heavy rain.