Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    I go in a bunch of new construction homes every day from alot of different builders, everything from mass produced starter homes to high end custom. To be honest I see the garages and wonder how you can even fit a compact car in them let alone a boat. Most of the new construction closest to Raleigh is tightly packed subdivisions, houses so close you can barely set up a ladder between them. The further out you go the more spacious the lots get.
    Yeah, even if my garage was not full of boats and gear there is no way you could pull two cars in and actually get out on the said facing the wall. Drive through my neighborhood and almost every driveway has cars in it. No one used it to park in.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by Badfish.rb View Post
    Why are all the commercial buildings roofs blue in cary? Only McDonald's i have ever seen with a blue roof? Democratic party? Lol
    I think the city forces that. They don't want it to look like a bunch of business so they obscure it. Makes it tough to find specific places sometimes.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. BBC LifeTimeMember jimb175nc's Avatar
    Cary/Raleigh. Be prepared. TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC. The busiest road in the US is I40 between Raleigh/Durham. Morrisville is located west of Cary/Raleigh and is growing but seems to be a good place. Great fishing area. Come on over.
    Last edited by jimb175nc; 11-21-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    something smells

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddy View Post
    Pittsboro is a nice area. You can find some land and build what you want. I've been in NC since 93 via New York. It was a huge change for me at first but now I would never go back up north. One thing to consider is you're moving to the south so a place like Pittsboro, Clayton, Roxboro, Henderson....etc etc will have a small town feel and may still have the "good ole boy system". Cary is too freaking crowded for me and same for Raleigh.... I have plenty of friends that have kids in the wake county school system and they generally dont have much positive to say....that may not be a factor for you.

Places like Apex and Fuqay were next to nothing 10-15 years ago...now they're crazy busy and more and more people are moving there. That being said they have a lot around there to do. Where I live Im probably 30 minutes from a decent mall and about 35 minutes form bps. Pretty much all of our lakes Im roughly an hour from..give or take.

We have plenty of great lakes in this area. If you can swing it look for a place on the lake. Once my kids get out of high school Im moving to the lake...my wife has already agreed :-)
    Cheers, just bought a lot in Chapel Ridge. Missus works in Chapel Hill, but she can take back roads. We will build, but have already had to take away 4 car garage.
    I’m looking forward to the fishing and warmer weather.
    This is a fantastic forum...

Quote Originally Posted by jimb175nc View Post
    Cary/Raleigh. Be prepared. TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC. The busiest road in the US is I40 between Raleigh/Durham. Morrisville is located west of Cary/Raleigh and is growing but seems to be a good place. Great fishing area. Come on over.
    I40 and I540 can both be brutal during rush hours. But if the OP is retried he can avoid them. I live in Morrisville. It is nice but no real distinction between it and Cary any more.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    Cheers, just bought a lot in Chapel Ridge. Missus works in Chapel Hill, but she can take back roads. We will build, but have already had to take away 4 car garage.
    That's a great area. You won't be that far from the majority of the lakes. I live in Durham but I fish with the Fuquay Bass Club. Great group of guys and we're in it for the fun. If you're ever looking for a club let me know....boater or non-boater it doesn't matter.
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

7. Member
    We can give you some great tips!
    Have to let you in on the deep diving buzz baits. haha
    Its alot to do and many good fishing lakes

Chapel Ridge is pretty nice as far as lot sizes go and they are far enough apart that you arent right on top of someone else and pretty peaceful... atleast for now. There are a bunch of sold lots that havent been cleared yet. I had a homeowner tell me they had owned the lot 10 years before they built.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Quote Originally Posted by jimb175nc View Post
    I work in Morrisville. Look elsewhere the traffic is becoming a major problem. Lots of new building with no road infrastructure.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    Chapel Ridge is pretty nice as far as lot sizes go and they are far enough apart that you arent right on top of someone else and pretty peaceful... atleast for now. There are a bunch of sold lots that havent been cleared yet. I had a homeowner tell me they had owned the lot 10 years before they built.
    Thanks, Neil.
    I don’t want to hijack the thread, but what marina or repair shop do you guys rely on in the area?
    Cheers, Bairn

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddy View Post
    That's a great area. You won't be that far from the majority of the lakes. I live in Durham but I fish with the Fuquay Bass Club. Great group of guys and we're in it for the fun. If you're ever looking for a club let me know....boater or non-boater it doesn't matter.
    I will be nice and close to the west side of Jordan boat launches, but the size of the lake is a bit daunting.
    Most of my lakes are well under 1000k acres.
    Harris has garnered some of my attention...

If you dont need warranty work, Pitstop Marine in Angier is a good independent shop and usually moves them in and out pretty quick.

Jordan and Falls are both right around 13-14000 acres, Harris is 4400. On most days Harris will have as many boats on it as Jordan and Falls combined .
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

13. Member
    Thanks, Neil.
    Happy Holidays to you!

Don’t let Jordan scare you off. It can fish smaller than it is. There are multiple ramps so you can always stay in one area. And, I rarely go north of Hwy 64. Harris is smaller and can fish even smaller. It has a couple of community holes that draw a lot of boats and many times you need to find grass to find fish. Since all the grass seemed to die this year I struggled.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12