Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Oh, and actually it's not even the transom, as the transom is recessed from the 2 rear points of the top cap that extend beside the motor. But 'transom' is good enough.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

2. Member
    Bow eye is about 3/8" away from the roller. The hinge point is 1 1/2" further forwards than the point of the bow. Using a second tape measure as a plumb bob. I'm missing the movie, so can recheck length and all tomorrow.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    Thanks for checking. Do you have the bow hook right on the roller? That might be why the other poster said his was 3" longer.
    yes and my buddys 920 is the same at the bow, his garage door basically touches his trolling motor before it would the tongue
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    yes and my buddys 920 is the same at the bow, his garage door basically touches his trolling motor before it would the tongue
    Yikes. I had not considered the trolling motor sticking out. Hmmm...

5. Member
    Depending on added transducers and which way you lay the trolling motor it will stick out more or less. Plus you can adjust it up before you get home and it won't stick out, atleast any more than the bracket itself. My ultrex bracket only hangs out maybe 2". I don't have a 920 but I understand what measurement your wanting.

6. Member
    Just an observation.... Since you are building a bump out why do you have to have the measurement down to the inch? Personally I would add an extra foot or two to the bump out just to make things easier. Like walking around the front while the door is closed or backing in so you don't take out the new back wall.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    Just an observation.... Since you are building a bump out why do you have to have the measurement down to the inch? Personally I would add an extra foot or two to the bump out just to make things easier. Like walking around the front while the door is closed or backing in so you don't take out the new back wall.
    Because I am not extending an area large enough for the hull. There is a walk out door in the center of one of the garage bays that I could box in for the engine to back into. It is a load bearing wall with rooms above it. Don't really want to tear the whole wall out.

That just leaves me with 20'-9" for the hull and whatever trailer / trolling motor that is sticking out in front.

I am also used to dealing with it being tight. I have to put my 188dvx in at an angle with less than 2" to spare. I have to hit the exact spot backing in or the bow will not clear when I push it over.
    Last edited by Blue76; 11-19-2017 at 07:25 AM.

8. Member
    Just measured my 920. From furthest point forward (which is the tip of the trailer on mine) to the rub rail at the step on the back measured at 20’ 10.5”
    Last edited by Jigflipper88; 11-20-2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: corrected do to typo
    2014 Phoenix 920 pro xp / Merc 250 pro xs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigflipper88 View Post
    Just measured my 920. From furthest point forward (which is the tip of the trailer on mine) to the rub rail at the step on the back measured at 20’ 14.5”
    Thanks. Just making sure that isn't a typo... does that equal 21'- 2 1/2"? And that is with the tongue folded?

10. Member
    My bad that is a typo. It’s 20’ - 10 1/2”. I read my notes wrong

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigflipper88 View Post
    My bad that is a typo. It’s 20’ - 10 1/2”. I read my notes wrong
    Thanks... one last question. I am considering backing the engine into an opening 5' wide and however deep it needs to be... does the back of a 920 hull have a taper or angle that would back into the 5' opening? Wall to wall I have 20' -9". My Ranger hull has a lot of angle and it would go into a 5' opening about 4 or 5".

Does that make sense?

I can't find a good overhead photo of a 920 to see the shape of the transom.

12. Member
    I’ll measure when I get home. But the above measurement was measured with the tongue folded. Tongue is still a little longer than nose of the boat

13. Member
    As you can see there’s not much angle. You will gain a little but I wouldn’t count on it. Also I could probably get 3/4” more on the trailer (anchor point not quite all the way to the roller)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12