Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for 920 owners

Can one of you measure the boat on the trailer from the transom to the furthermost point of either the trailer or bow.

Trying to figure out if a 920 would fit in my garage if I built a bump out on the back of the garage for the motor.

Maybe an easier measurement is fron the transom to the back of the motor in the down position.

My garage is only 20' -8". Web site says the 920 is 20'-6". Sounds like it might squeeze in but can tell how much trailer is in front of the bow.

Greg

2. Member
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The trailer is even with the bow when toung folded
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    On my 919 the hinge of the tongue looks to be about 3" further forwards than the point of the bow, with the tongue folded all the way it can go. I just looked.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

what jackplate and motor are you getting? Sho is a little bigger then a pro xs. I can measure mine

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxcvbnm View Post
    what jackplate and motor are you getting? Sho is a little bigger then a pro xs. I can measure mine
    It states in the specs those measurements are for a Mercury. If the boat has a Sho, it states to add 3". Even with a Mercury, it's about 3 feet 2 inches too long.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I got a 920 on order and although length not an issue for me everything I saw was 20.6

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I got a 920 on order and although length not an issue for me everything I saw was 20.6
    Plus the motor, plus the jack plate, plus the point of the hinge on the tongue.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    its on the link Tom posted,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    I have seen all that information before. I am interested in the length without the motor and jackplate as that portion would be in the in the bump out section of the garage.

The difference would be in how much trailer sticks out in front of the bow...

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    I have seen all that information before. I am interested in the length without the motor and jackplate as that portion would be in the in the bump out section of the garage.

The difference would be in how much trailer sticks out in front of the bow...
    ok I got ya,
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    On my 919 the hinge of the tongue looks to be about 3" further forwards than the point of the bow, with the tongue folded all the way it can go. I just looked.
    So your 919 would measure 19'-11" with no motor or JP right?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    ok I got ya,
    Odd question I know. I like the 919 as well and I am confident I could make it work. The Caracal is also 19'-8" but is much shorter on the trailer for some reason. I like it as well.

My garage happens to have one bay with a double French door in the back. I was thinking all I have to do it take the door out and frame it in for the motor. Like a bay window.

14. Member
    So your 919 would measure 19'-11" with no motor or JP right?
    Nope, it measures 19' 8'. Hull length.

Now if you mean the length with the boat on the trailer, from the transom to the end of the folded tongue, then something like 19'11" would be a decent guess, I'd have to measure it.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

15. Member
    Odd question I know. I like the 919 as well and I am confident I could make it work. The Caracal is also 19'-8" but is much shorter on the trailer for some reason. I like it as well.

My garage happens to have one bay with a double French door in the back. I was thinking all I have to do it take the door out and frame it in for the motor. Like a bay window.
    Be sure to allow for the possibility of Power Poles, or Talons in the height of the kick out, in case you want to get some poles someday, or if the boat has them already. Or maybe just move the entire wall back 5' to 10'.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I just checked mine and the tongue folded is actually shorter then the bow by about a 1/2", so if you have the building extension for the motor you are correct going by the length of the boat itself
    info@drewcraft.com

17. Member
    Nope, it measures 19' 8'. Hull length.

Now if you mean the length with the boat on the trailer, from the transom to the end of the folded tongue, then something like 19'11" would be a decent guess, I'd have to measure it.
    You said the trailer was 3" in front of the bow earlier. That would be 19-11... yes boat on the trailer. I am trying to understand the storage requirements less motor and JP.

18. Member
    My measurement shows 19' 8" on the trailer. From the point of the hinge to the end of the transom. Therefore the boat hull isn't really 19' 8". To make better measurements I'd have to set up plumb bobs at both ends and remeasure, but that won't happen any time soon.

Maybe tomorrow while it's raining.

And 3" further forwards was an eyeball guess as I stood there. :-)

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I just checked mine and the tongue folded is actually shorter then the bow by about a 1/2", so if you have the building extension for the motor you are correct going by the length of the boat itself
    Thanks for checking. Do you have the bow hook right on the roller? That might be why the other poster said his was 3" longer.

20. Member
    My measurement shows 19' 8" on the trailer. From the point of the hinge to the end of the transom. Therefore the boat hull isn't really 19' 8". To make better measurements I'd have to set up plumb bobs at both ends and remeasure, but that won't happen any time soon.

Maybe tomorrow while it's raining.
    Thanks Tom. I think that's close enough.

Maybe someone will chime in with some 920 measurements as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast