G Loomis Flippin Stick Recommendation

Hello,

I live in MN and like to fish heavy milfoil mats. I was looking at both the GLX 894 FPR and 895 FPR for fishing 3/4 - 1 1/4 ounce jigs. My concern is the 894 is too light. Does anyone have experience with both which could help me purchase the correct rod? If there is a better rod in the Loomis arsenal for this I would be open to suggestions. The new IMX pro rods are intriguing but I know they are new so it may be harder to solicit feedback. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    Either one will work great. I have both......Really heavy stuff 895........I also use my NRX 916 UBR and it is really stout

3. Member
    If it were me, I'd go with the 895. I have both and the 895 will perform better with heavier weights.

4. Member
    I used to have an old BCFR 954 GLX I used for the mats at Guntersville. I sold it back in September, kind of wish I would have kept it. It was a broomstick and rated up to 1-1/4oz. It would pull anything out of those mats. The new one's are only rated up to 1 oz though. Seems kind of weak to me.

5. Member
    I have the new GLX 894 FPR and it will handle those jigs for sure. I bought it for a punch rod, but decided to stick with my Z-Bone. I'd be interested in selling it if you're interested.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    I have the new GLX 894 FPR and it will handle those jigs for sure. I bought it for a punch rod, but decided to stick with my Z-Bone. I'd be interested in selling it if you're interested.
    what zbone are you punching with?
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    what zbone are you punching with?
    7'6" XH... i'm punching shallow stuff, not deep grass. It's not ideal, but prefer it. I also use a 7'3" Expride XH that has a nice parabolic bend,

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS