Back up break engaging

Guys I ran a new Bullet last year and when I backed up the break on the trailer would engage. I thought it was on the trailer side as I have a newer truck and the correct plug. But just got a new boat and same thing. So what on truck side would cause this

7 way connector on truck? is there power at the center pin when in reverse
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Good chance your old boat had a wiring problem and blew the fuse in your truck. Look under the hood for a dedicated fuse labeled for trailer backup lights. Marked TRBU on some vehicles.

Could also be you need to add a fuse or relay to your truck. Some include it in a bag with wiring for electric brakes in the glovebox.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

^^^^
    If no luck after checking these get a tester and check for current on truck side of plug with reverse light on.. If you have current then make sure it corresponds with the correct pin on the trailer side.. keep in mind if the trailer caused the issue in the first place it may blow a fuse the first time you back up..
    Blue wire should be reverse lights/brake solenoid .

5. Member
    The above posts should get you somewhere. I just helped a buddy of mine fix the same issue. Ended up being the trailer reverse light fuse. Never knew they had one till we had no power on the center pin on a seven pin round connector when in reverse.

6. Member
    At least you know your brakes are working.