Wet foam 2011 21xrd

I have a 2011 21xrd and found a 1" hole that was drilled into floor from previous owner and a thin layer of fiberglass put over it. The boat had the carpet removed and bedliner installed and I removed the bedliner and put carpet back in it. I just got around to removing the bedliner material from the floor board today and when I was pulling it up a thin layer of fiberglass pulled up with it and there was a 1" hole from a hole saw. I could see the foam in the hole and stuck my finger inside and the foam is wet. Not sure where water got to it but can water get to the foam if the previous owner left the boat outside uncovered and left plug in it and rained enough to get to the foam. Anyone know it that's possible in a Bullet. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    Yes that is totally possible not sure how to repair that besides pulling it all out. That holes probably there from factory I would assume to fill with foam
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

3. Member
    Just not sure how much is actually wet, I bought this boat about a month and a half ago and just discovered this. Really hate to spend the money to repair, but not sure if it will lead to more damage.

You may wanna call Tom and get his advice......
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Thanks, I plan on doing that Monday.

6. Member
    Definitely call Tom!!! Something to think about.....just how wet is the foam? Could it be from condensation?
    Take all yer gear out and weigh the boat, trailer and engine, and compare it to others.....Water weighs 8ppg so it don't take much and yer carrying around another person!!!!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

7. Member

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by QuickBullet View Post
    Definitely call Tom!!! Something to think about.....just how wet is the foam? Could it be from condensation?
    Take all yer gear out and weigh the boat, trailer and engine, and compare it to others.....Water weighs 8ppg so it don't take much and yer carrying around another person!!!!
    Yip
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H