Puma AE speed with 225

Anyone out there have a Puma AE with a 225pro xs. Would like to know what to expect for speed with this setup (real world speed)? Opinions on if the boat is underpowered as well. Looking at a new to me BassCat.
    thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Just sold my 2013 Cougar AE with a 225. Tournament day I could run 73 mph with full gear & tanks. Never felt underpowered or got out-ran (unless their was another Cat).

3. Member
    low to mid 70s for most. some might even be a little quicker!

4. Member
    2008 Cougar AE DC with standard 225 and Boysen reeds I could run 68 any day and would hit the limiter around 73 by myself in the winter. I was running a Trophy prop. I'm sure a Fury would have been a little faster, but the Trophy was my preference on KY Lake. You don't get many WOT days on that lake. There were hull tweaks after 08 that helped with speed and handling.

5. Member
    I had a 2008 Cougar AE with a 225 Yamaha. Tourney day loaded it would run consistently 70. Light loaded with just me the best I ever saw was 74.1. Like others have said, not many will pass you in that combo.

6. Member
    I have a 2011 with a 24 Fury that will do 70 with me driving, im sure a better driver can get more.

7. Member
    I have 2014 cougar ae 225 pro xs. 25 tempest. Never messed with jack plate from dealer. Run 72 heavy tournament load empty livewell and two 300lb anglers. Heat of summer and new ultrex I haven't gotten much higher than 70 but haven't really tried. Got a 25 fury going to mess with some day but spend to much time in rough water to worry about top end.

8. Member
    And no, it's not under powered. Rarely passed on tourney morning.