Do all Bass Pro Shops winterize Mercury motors the same way?

I stopped by my local Bass Pro to pick up some Quickstor fuel stabilizer and I asked the service manager and mechanic what they use to spray in the holes when they remove the spark plugs. I know the procedure because I have read my manual for storage and I was surprised the answer that I received. I was told that they do not remove the spark plugs because it is too time consuming because of the volume of boats that they winterize. I guess they just add something to the fuel and run the motor is what he told me. I’m pretty sure they are certified Mercury shops, so how can they go against what the service manual says? This BPS is in a northern state that gets pretty cold in the winters.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There is a factory approved method that mimics what was described to you. It is not something we recommend to DIY'ers, etc- as there are simply too many variables to consider.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

The manual for my 115 4 stroke says to use Mercury Storage Seal,so that is what I do. There is probably a short cut.
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT