Thread: pad to prop

pad to prop

hello guys, the boat:1997 stratos 219F 19',3 " 91 wide 175 hp intruder with 21-4blade trophy+ 3/4 load 54mph gps at 5800 i think pretty good .questions about pad to prop shaft distance:the pad is like a V so bottom of V(lowest part) ? and it mesures 5 inch and only one hole left so that would be 4 1/4 is that going to make a difference ? and any negatives to get it higher ? thanks

2. Member
    Measure from the bottom of the V.

negative to being higher will be less traction when in rough water and it may blow out on take off, a 10" jack plate makes the water start rising after the transom so ptp measurements would be skewed for you without the extra set back, i would think your where you want to be.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    54 on a 21 pitch, looks like you are there already.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

5. Member
    thanks guys, it do like the way it runs now,but the 5" PTP was high, compared to what i read most like 3,5".

6. Member
    Most guys at 3.5" are running a jack plate and if you don't have one you normally can't run higher than 4.25" without some blow out on take off.

7. Member
    thats good to know thanks ! so i should leave it alone .

8. Member

Question SHOULD I RAISE TO 4 1/4 PTP

ok guys , need to remove the intruder for tilt bushing repair this winter and got a trophy plus 23p so should i raise it to top hole wich will be 4 1/4" PTP to try the 23 next summer or leave it at 5"? installing a jackplate is not possible with the cable steering because of transom shape ( motor is 9 inches lower than sides of transom !not a bass boat configuration and would need hydraulic steering to use JP )

Last edited by danlaboucane; 11-08-2018 at 03:38 PM.

9. Member
    New set-up : installed a 2 ½ '' set back plate with holes so i wont have to reseal transom to change motor height ! first test last week at 4¼'' ptp with same 21 trophy and wow ! it seems to have a great effect ! way too much rpm , this get to max rpm fast and takes off like a rocket next 23 trophy , not shure if it did a difference i replaced powerpack ? maybe the old one did not give me all the motor had ?

10. Member
    It could be. When I first got my new to me Johnson 200 recently I thought it was running perfectly but I wasn't getting the performance I thought I should. Super small fuel leak and the correct plugs gave me an extra 1200 rpms. One little thing could effect performance huge.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    It could be. When I first got my new to me Johnson 200 recently I thought it was running perfectly but I wasn't getting the performance I thought I should. Super small fuel leak and the correct plugs gave me an extra 1200 rpms. One little thing could effect performance huge.
    the performance and rpm was pretty good from what people said (go up on the post ) but i was curios and found a plate small enough to not kink the steering cables and give me the option of moving up without resealing every time