LIvewell Drain/Fill

System 3 Recirc/Empty/Auto. When you have a full livewell switch set to Recirc and pull your boat out of the water getting ready to weigh-in is there a trickle of water coming out of your livewell drain while sitting on the trailer waiting?

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Should not be. Our bass club allows trailering on some events, due to large water and the opportunity for members to fish more than just the area around one launch. When I had a Ranger that, after 2-3 years of use, would lose half of the livewell water in 45 minutes, I took it to my dealer and had the flapper valves in the livewell system replaced. No more leakage, or just a few drops initially when I put the boat on the trailer. Sounds like you need the same fix.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I just had to replace the flappers in the valve on mine. When I would launch the boat and have the livewell on recirc the livewells would fill up half way and would leak down when i pulled it out of the water, just like yours is doing. The hardest part of doing it was getting the hoses that have been on there forever to come off. You can order a rebuild kit or buy a new assembly, just make sure if you buy a new valve assembly you buy the correct one that matches what you have.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Also, your boat (in the signature) looks pretty new. If it’s less than 3 years old, the flapper replacement could be covered under warranty. Not an expensive repair any way, but it can be a bear, especially if you’ve never done it before. If the dealer can warranty it for you, win-win.

Thanks John but it's 5 years old 45th anniversary edition I just wash it a lot. I wish I had a dealer near me I could trust to do the work don't look forward to being nearly upside down and replacing parts and at my age upside down part is not to bad it's trying to straighten up when your done

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbama View Post
    Thanks John but it's 5 years old 45th anniversary edition I just wash it a lot. I wish I had a dealer near me I could trust to do the work don't look forward to being nearly upside down and replacing parts and at my age upside down part is not to bad it's trying to straighten up when your done
    Heard that!

7. Banned
    I have had success disassembling and cleaning the valve/flappers.

8. Member
    Before you take the flapper housing apart......put the switch in "Auto" and back flush through the transom.

9. Member
    I had the same issue with my boat too. Flow-Rite has excellent customer service. I still had an issue after changing out the flappers with the kit from Flow-Rite. One call to Flow-Rite's customer service and all was good.