cheboygan smallies

Right now I made an offer on a home in Alpena. It may fall thru because of another bidder. I know the reputation of Burt and Mullet and those other lakes. My backup house is 5 miles from Mullet and Cheboygan. Does anyone know the quality of the smallie fishing off the shores of Cheboygan in Lake Huron and Lake Michigan side. Never heard any discussion of the quality on the bass fishing in the big water up that way. Thanks guys

2. Member
    Never mind. Came to an agreement on home in Alpena. Time to learn about fishing that area first.

No worries, lots of good fishing, congrats on the home!!

4. Member
    Ok now I need some advice on fishing Alpena area. I have heard how good Long lake and Grand lake are. I was wondering about the fishing in Lake Huron. Smallie, walleye, musky, salmon. Any info would be appreciated. Just sorry I will have to wait 4 months to get out in my boat. But some words on how good the fishing is would make for an interesting wait for the spring thaw and I promise to give regular posts on my new adventures up there.

A bit south, Saginaw Bay and charity islands. Watch stihls reel in the outdoors with local guide Gerry Gostenik as JT’s guest.

http://outdoorchannel.com/stihls-ree...ith-joe-thomas
    Last edited by Hollada; 11-19-2017 at 09:14 AM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Member
    Grand Lake, Long Lake, Fletchers floodwaters, Thunder river, Thunder bay and Lake Huron will keep you busy for a lifetime... Then your not to far from Hubbard, Black and Burt and Mullet.. All good all species bodies of water....

7. Member
    MLF was there this summer. It's supposed to aire in February I believe. That might help get you started.

8. Member
    Thanks guys, I am beside myself with anticipation. It is gonna be a long cold winter for me. Got some remodeling that will keep me busy but come April, look out!!!!