Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Probably need 14-15 for the 90+ range I assume. Going from 13 to 14 on my xb2003 was worth 1 mph

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I did not do the work, a previous owner did, but I think the pencil roll was almost completely removed.

I went back and check my old written records just to be sure & I ran several props at 1 3/4" above.

I ran a 200xs and a 225X on that boat.
    That's a good question that I can't remember honestly. Chad St. Pierre owned the boat before me I'm sure he'll remember.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

3. Member
    One thing all us speed guys know is that we can tweak our boats to death and spend as much money as we have in the bank making them, or trying to get them, to perform better. My advice to Me, after going nuts on this kind of thing a very long time ago was to set myself some goals as to what I really wanted to achieve. In fast fishing boats that meant I had to get used to a hydraulic jack plate, and a variety of props. I usually run 2 props like most guys who fish summer and winter. I can run pretty good numbers at one point on a 10" jack for example, with a full fishing load and a certain prop, and I can empty the boat, balance it, and put up some pretty good speed numbers with a different prop height and prop. What I'm saying is if you ask a question about setup to our kind of people you will get very confused quickly. I am thankful I had my buddy Johnny Johnson down in Meridian to put me under his wing years ago and talk me down off the ledge. He knew how our particular boats performed best and saved me a lot of money and grief when I followed his recommendations. Find somebody with your exact setup and copy what they are doing if they are where you want to be in performance. Good luck and be safe.

^^^^ WELL SPOKEN ^^^
    Soon to be 20 years since I ordered my first Allison.... It's shameful to know how much money I have spent on motors- props - go fast additions.. It took me several years and much money to run trips at my elevation in a 2003 ---Now I'm perfectly happy to run 85-90 with a tournament load with a 21ftr.

The Allison red book is always a good read.

http://forum.allisonowners.net/index...ed-book.16220/
    - Allison XB2003
    - Mercury Racing 300xs
    - A ride on the California Delta: https://youtu.be/9oTVcRWWKcM

6. Member
    90 with a fishing load in my 20'er would be awsome.
    Thanks for the link to the red book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12