Plastics Questions...

I am looking at getting into pouring my own Senkos. The way I blow through them I'm willing to give making them a shot. I have been doing some research on items I will need. I found the Senko mold at Lure Making.com. Few of my questions are, Where is the best place to purchase all of the items I will need? What type of soft plastic is the best or comparable to OG Senkos? Is there anything on my list that I am missing that I will need? I'm willing to make the initial investment but I want to make sure I am purchasing the right products, I really don't want to cut corners.

Mold
    Injector (Medium)
    Soft Plastic
    Softener
    Stabilizer
    Dyes
    Flakes
    Scents (Coffee & Garlic)

Salt is what makes the senkos sink the way they do, it also makes them soft, some companies use a type of sand to make them more durable.

3. Member
    I planned on adding salt, still looking at type of salts and ratios.

4. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    First try another site for possible better prices.
    https://www.barlowstackle.com/Do-It-...lds-P3688.aspx or Zeiners. Research the difference between sand casted molds and cnc cut molds. Tackle underground, Baitjunky’s and do-it forums are good sources for recipes.
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

5. Member
    Baitjunkys for plastic. You can call Leonard & he will tell you which plastic would best suit your needs.

6. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    Here is a link with a recipe: http://www.baitjunkys.com/forum/inde....html#msg12896

Join the forum for good advice.

do not forget your safety items. BJforum has a list pinned at the top of the plastic ssction.
    Ron
    Veteran

7. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Salt is what makes the senkos sink the way they do, it also makes them soft, some companies use a type of sand to make them more durable.
    Salt does not make them soft???? It does help the sink ratio but also makes them cloudy.

8. Member
    Ordered plastic, softener, and stabilizer from baitjunky. They were out of a lot of stuff so I'm still looking for another place to order the rest. Thanks for the info, I registered in that forum but never received an email to confirm the registration.

9. Member
    Another question...What size flake is comparable to what OG Senkos have? My guess is small but I see there is XS and Large.

10. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    .15, ,32/35.40. I use a .62 for a different look. Try that size in s highlight color!
    Ron
    Veteran

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    Salt does not make them soft???? It does help the sink ratio but also makes them cloudy.

Too much salt makes them hard and less flexible.
    Question everything!