? About a power pole on xb21

I’m thinking about putting a single power pole on my 2012 xb21 bassport for the high school tournament season. I have a CMC hydraulic jack plate w/300xs. My question is there is not much space between the jack plate and the boat . Can a power pole be tucked in there close to the boat or do u have
    to extend it out behind the back of the boat? I would like to keep it tucked in tight to the boat. Any suggestions, pictures and part numbers would be greatly appreciated! Oooo and I want to mount it on the passenger side . Thanks Hubert

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hubert davis View Post
    I’m thinking about putting a single power pole on my 2012 xb21 bassport for the high school tournament season. I have a CMC hydraulic jack plate w/300xs. My question is there is not much space between the jack plate and the boat . Can a power pole be tucked in there close to the boat or do u have
    to extend it out behind the back of the boat? I would like to keep it tucked in tight to the boat. Any suggestions, pictures and part numbers would be greatly appreciated! Oooo and I want to mount it on the passenger side . Thanks Hubert
    Hubert, Allison makes a Power Pole mount that attaches to the transom under the tie down rings. It is much stronger and has less flex than the Power Pole brand mount that attaches between the jack plate and OB motor. I am running dual poles on my XB-21 and have tried both kinds of mounts. The Allison proprietary mount is definitely the best way to go.
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. BBC SPONSOR
    The Allison mount is the way to go but there is no way I would or could make myself drill the transom.

If your not fishing dirt shallow, id do an Ultrex instead.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    The Allison mount is the way to go but there is no way I would or could make myself drill the transom.

If your not fishing dirt shallow, id do an Ultrex instead.
    ^^^^ WHAT HE SAID.

5. Member
    Power poles and Ultrex both useful tools. I have dual poles and Allison brackets. I wouldn’t do it any other way. I would not be the least bit shy about installing them on the transom you only drill two holes that are 5/16. My last boat had the power pole brand brakets on it. They moved around a lot. If you decide to go with power pole brand brackets let me know I have the type that go between the engine and the jackplate. I would send them to you if you pay the freight. What high school circuit are you fishing that allows you to use a 300 hp engine?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    Power poles and Ultrex both useful tools. I have dual poles and Allison brackets. I wouldn’t do it any other way. I would not be the least bit shy about installing them on the transom you only drill two holes that are 5/16. My last boat had the power pole brand brakets on it. They moved around a lot. If you decide to go with power pole brand brackets let me know I have the type that go between the engine and the jackplate. I would send them to you if you pay the freight. What high school circuit are you fishing that allows you to use a 300 hp engine?
    I've got duel poles on my new boat with the Allison bracket as well. Have not picked the boat up yet but glad to hear you like them. I also have the Ulterra TM going on it. Best of both worlds I am hoping. I was also wondering what state was allowing 300 hp engines. I know AL doesn't, or didn't the 4 years I coached.

TX has a 60 mph speed limit on hs tourneys. Ive been contacted to captain a team but work would not allow my time off and my research did not limit hp except if hp was more than boat was rated for.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    My son fishes SETX - Southeast Texas High School Fishing Association
    it does not limit Hp . Last year we had 517 teams and my son and his partner came in 3rd place in the Angler of the year standings. They moneyed in 4 out of 5 tournaments and in the championship. He eats , sleeps and breathes fishing!

Thanks for for all the help guys I really didn’t want to drill in my transom so I’m going to have to think about a lil more Keep the suggestions coming tho !

My son fishes SETX - Southeast Texas High School Fishing Association
    it does not limit Hp . Last year we had 517 teams and my son and his partner came in 3rd place in the Angler of the year standings. They moneyed in 4 out of 5 tournaments and in the championship. He eats , sleeps and breathes fishing
    Congrats

What lakes ??

10. Member
    One of the main reasons I bought the boat I did was Alabama BASS high school tournaments having a 250 HP max.

So you guys have a good set up.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Congrats

What lakes ??
    Most of our tournaments were on Sam Rayburn and 1 on the Sabine River this past year. I been begging since they started this thing to go to Toledo Bend and finally this year we will get to go fish it.

have fished a championship on both lakes in the past --- TB was my favorite -- they are both great fisheries ..

13. Member
    [QUOTE=hooken203;8864588]Power poles and Ultrex both useful tools. I have dual poles and Allison brackets. I wouldn’t do it any other way. I would not be the least bit shy about installing them on the transom you only drill two holes that are 5/16. My last boat had the power pole brand brakets on it. They moved around a lot. If you decide to go with power pole brand brackets let me know I have the type that go between the engine and the jackplate. I would send them to you if you pay the freight. What high school circuit are you fishing that allows you to use a 300 hp engine?[/QUOT

Hooken
    i sent you a pm

14. Member
    I got it. Should be more than thirty bucks I will know for sure this afternoon.