Triton 20 XS Carpet

I am on the verge of upgrading tritons, and the used boat I am looking at buying has loose carpet on the very front storage compartment only. It looks like it has come unglued all in the middle of the compartment lid, but is still being held on by however they fastened the edges down. Curious as to what causes this?? Also, is it easy to replace or maybe even just re-glue the carpet on this one lid? How would you handle this?

Honestly as long as it stays on the lid, it's only a cosmetic issue. But being a new to me boat, figured I would go ahead and fix it. I appreciate any response I get. Upgrading from a TR21 to a 20 XS Elite, I wonder if I will miss my old boat..... it's been a darn good one!

2. Banned
    There was an issue on those lid compartments with the glue and padding. I had the same thing on my 21xs Elite, warranty fixed it. My othe boats since then didn't have that problem, it's a very simple fix and as far I've know and heard was limited to the front rod lockers.

3. Member
    Go to a carpet store and get some good carpet glue. I did mine. it takes it 24 hrs to set but it holds. It was about $25.00 per quart.

Never thought about reusing the old carpet. I am assuming since its loose, I'll be able to get everything off in one piece and could reglue it. Thanks

5. Member
    Maybe inject glue with a veterinary type syringe in several places.