Water Pressure Reading?!?

Hey guys - adding a water pressure sensor to the MarcMonitor (Thanks Don/Rhonda @ European Marine!) next week and wondering what is the typical water pressure I should expect to see while running WOT? How low is too low?

It's a 75HP Fourstroke with a Simon Tune to 115.

Serial #: 2B223384

Thanks!
    Last edited by mattfish11; 11-17-2017 at 07:45 AM.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

And your engine would be ??? HP size model/serial number

Typically the standard is 4psi or more at idle, 12psi or more full throttle. Depending on how you have your engine set up and the hull your running you are more likely to see higher readings. Any less than this though could cause a problem. Watch for pressure problems if you jack your engine to high and/or trim you engine too high. This goes hand in hand with engine temp. Know what temp your engine usually runs and keep an eye on it in addition to pressure.

My standard 115 4 stroke usually runs 132 degrees at 19psi on a long run.
    Last edited by Skeeterbait; 11-16-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Typically the standard is 4psi or more at idle, 12psi or more full throttle. Depending on how you have your engine set up and the hull your running you are more likely to see higher readings. Any less than this though could cause a problem. Watch for pressure problems if you jack your engine to high and/or trim you engine too high. This goes hand in hand with engine temp. Know what temp your engine usually runs and keep an eye on it in addition to pressure.

My standard 115 4 stroke usually runs 132 degrees at 19psi on a long run.
    Thanks buddy! My running temp is similar to yours... I usually see 128-130 typically.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You should have 10+ at WOT (prefer 15+ for safe measure in turns).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    You should have 10+ at WOT (prefer 15+ for safe measure in turns).
    Thank you sir!
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke