Thread: Broken Rod

Broken Rod

I broke a brand new Lamiglass 9' surf rod on a trip last week. Throwing a sting silver with braid and I think it wrapped the tip on the cast. Purchased off ebay so no receipt and Lami doesn't make the surf king anymore. The top section of the rod broke between the 2nd and 3rd eye from the tip. Repairable or trash?
    Every day work-every day pray. I won't back up, I don't back down, I've been raised up to stand my ground. Shotgun toter, republican voter.
    GOD
    One Nation

2. Member
    It can be repaired but most likely in that area the action will be changed somewhat. You will probably not be happy with the looks either but it would still be functional. You might have some luck posting on the rodbuilding specific sites asking if anyone may have an extra tip section if it is a 2 piece rod. A reputable rod builder in your area might even be able to make a tip close to the one you have. A call to Lamiglass might help with some ideas, you could also check with Versitex, they used to have some of the old Lamiglass stuff in old stock.

3. Member
    100 fox meadows dr lot c5 murray ky 42071
    yes it can be repaired if it is a clean break and not affect the performance where its hardly noticable. i do rod repair and have fixed probably 150 or more for many people including tons for tournament fisherman. have you ever replaced guides or done other rod repairs before? i charge 15.00 to fix broken rod. my facebook page ( murray fishing rod repair) shows a couple that i have repaired. shipping would be the most expense. or do it yourself. pm me if you want to try to do it yourself but you will need an old rod to use for parts to do the splice rod wrapping thread and rod wrap epoxy

Quote Originally Posted by ken bucy View Post
    yes it can be repaired if it is a clean break and not affect the performance where its hardly noticable. i do rod repair and have fixed probably 150 or more for many people including tons for tournament fisherman. have you ever replaced guides or done other rod repairs before? i charge 15.00 to fix broken rod. my facebook page ( murray fishing rod repair) shows a couple that i have repaired. shipping would be the most expense. or do it yourself. pm me if you want to try to do it yourself but you will need an old rod to use for parts to do the splice rod wrapping thread and rod wrap epoxy
    Thanks for the info. I might just let you fix it. I'm in no rush as I'm done surf fishing for the year. I'll get up with you.