Large Gauge - Merc Monitor Swap

Hey guys. Finally spent the money and got a Level 1 Merc Monitor. I have the large gauges in my 721. Tach has Trim/Water Press, and Speedo has Fuel/Voltage.

I assume that most of you did the Tach delete?

Also, how have you with the large gauges filled in the space since the merc monitor is smaller in diameter?
    Cody // 2011 Phoenix 721

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I also installed the MM....removed the tach gaugen got 2 pieces of aluminum cut to OD of dash and OD of MM (for middle)....used the backing ring from MM to "smash" dash between both aluminum pieces....painted the outside piece black to match dash.....Got the info from a few guys on here.....

Here is my drawing of the size i did of the two aluminum pieces. If you know someone in a fab shop they should be able to cut it for you cheap or free....

Last edited by fishin couillon; 11-16-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I also installed the MM....removed the tach gaugen got 2 pieces of aluminum cut to OD of dash and OD of MM (for middle)....used the backing ring from MM to "smash" dash between both aluminum pieces....painted the outside piece black to match dash.....Got the info from a few guys on here.....

Here is my drawing of the size i did of the two aluminum pieces. If you know someone in a fab shop they should be able to cut it for you cheap or free....
    I did the same thing! Had a friend cut it on his CNC.
    I used 3M DINOC carbon pattern vinyl. Used a heat gun on low to stretch it on the circular piece.
    Last edited by TX721; 11-18-2017 at 08:53 PM.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

4. Bob G's pool boy
    I went to a shop locally and had them make me a ring that fit perfectly. Some electrical tape and some flat black spray paint and it looks like it was born there.

Have Fishing is Life from this page take a picture and post it here. I'm betting he didn't even know it wasn't factory.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

The picture I posted three years ago used to be in the bird bling but photobucket deleted it.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs