Guide recommendations

Hello everyone I am looking for your guide recommendations. I should preface this by saying that I am not traditionally a bass fisherman but do fish for the occasionally. I will be down in Texas for thanksgiving and will have a free day the monday after (November 27th) and was hoping I could squeeze in some bass fishing. I will be in the College Station area but I am willing to travel a ways. What guides/bodies of water do you recommend? I am not looking to catch a fish of a lifetime but just to get out with my dad and brother and catch some fish. Thank you for your help.

2. Member
    Look for guides on Fayette County near Lagrange. I don't know any off hand but it is a fun lake this time of year.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

3. Member
    I would call Pete Dodge. 985 789-2277 is his phone number. I fish Fayette a bunch and Pete lives 5 minutes from the lake. last Thursday me and my partner put over 30 in the boat and I talked to Pete at the ramp after his clients left. They boated 58. Its a small lake, heavy fishing pressure but its a slot lake and most of the fish are always in the 14 to 24 inch slot. So its catch and release. A lot of tournaments are held on it and its basically a paper/photo tournament so you don't have a bunch of fish being hauled around in a live well all day. If you give Pete a call tell him that Tom from Katy recommended you. Another good guide is John Sparks. Pete could hook you up with him as well.

Lake Fayette Tackle Company
    4039 West St. Highway 159
    Fayetteville, TX. 78940
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 11-19-2017 at 08:12 AM.